Microtuning/notes not included in Western music

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Actually I listened to some songs by Sheyda, an artist from Syria who I really admire, since he does Amazing things with his voice, due it's really light, like the Middle Eastern version of Sekka Yufu... anyway, this may be a strange question, since I don't know who of you has ever had experience with microtuning or simply quarter tones/notes. I mean... notes not included in the Western scales (do re mi fa sol la si). Is it possible in UTAU to do quarter notes? I know this can be little Tricky to understand, since most of you know do re mi fa sol la si notation... but thank you

Awaclus

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I don't know if you can do it inside UTAU but you can almost certainly do it in your DAW afterwards.

Line Gheist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's possible to record microtones technically in any DAW or recording program including OREMO. However, to use in UTAU it's possible to replicate them with manipulating the pitch lines, such as tritones or quartertones, but most people likely wouldn't recognize them. In addition, between each half step, is where the points for the pitch to be placed depending on the reference note

ayushman

Momo's Minion
By t flag in the notation of t+x or t-x which x is in the unit of cents. A semitone is 100 cents, so a quarter tone is 50 cents, write t+50 for a quarter tone sharp and t-50 for a quarter tone flat. For Turkish music, use whole multiples of 22.642 but note that not all multiples of that number are actually used.

Reactions: Line Gheist