MIDI creator program?

Cosmickinsey

Teto's Territory
Does anyone know of a program that creates MIDI files? I know that I'm fruityloops you can create a MIDI yourself, but I'm looking more for one that will generate the MIDI files for me, while I learn to make USTs. I am willing to learn to make MIDIs myself, however, if there's something that can get me by in the mean time by creating the MIDI files for me, that would help ease the intimidation of creating a UST as a beginner.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Are you looking for something that will take audio as an input and automatically give you a MIDI as an output?
You can use pitch correction software like Image Line's Newtone or Melodyne to extract MIDI information, but the results will not be ideal for a UST.
If you want to practice how to tune from scratch, you can download an existing UST and clear the tuning. Select all the notes, right click and select Pitch. Click on the portamento checkbox until it's solid black, and click on the vibrato checkbox until it's empty.

Otherwise, the process of making a new UST from scratch is primarily based around being able to recognize the notes yourself, and you'll get much cleaner results from doing it by hand. Here in Songwriting resources you can find plenty of options for music software other than FL studio: https://utaforum.net/resources/songwriting-resources.181/
One very important thing to do when you start working on a song is to set the project tempo to match and get the song lined up to the beat. Here's a website where you can tap to the rhythm and find the exact tempo of a song: https://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm
Once you have the tempo set up, all of the note lengths should be nice friendly lengths (like quarter notes or eighth notes).

Reactions: Cosmickinsey

Cosmickinsey

Teto's Territory
Thank you again for your help!

Yes I was looking for a MIDI maker,I will try on of the suggested programs and go from there. I'll also try working on FL Studios to make a MIDI, too. Maybe for now, I'll focus on making MIDIs, then the USTs. It's just intimidating, but there are several songs I'd like to make covers for that don't have USTs, and since I don't have the ability to comission people, I figure it's a good time to start learning.

Gekiyaku

Ruko's Ruffians
You can try using Online sequencer. It's a online midi maker and it's easy to use. You can import midi to adjust it or you can your own from scratch. I'd recommend it for beginners. ^^

atomicreih

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Personally, I use Aria Maestosa, but that's a pure MIDI maker with no audio track functions so you'll have to have your reference song playing from somewhere else. I love it though cause it's simple but fairly flexible.