MIDI files won't...work?

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
Okay, so I used the FL Studio demo to make a short midi file, and it imports into UTAU fine. The notes show up, and of course they're all "a"s, but like, they also.... Here I'll just take a screenshot.

Okay so this is what it looks like when I import the midi;
midi1.png

You see how it looks like each note stretches across the entire window? Well, okay, whatever, must be a midi thing. Anyway, if I click on the automatic parameter thing (2), it fixes that. But, I also can't change the tempo (1). No matter how many times I input something different it stays at "5000000" etc. And when I try to play anything, it just gives me that error in the middle there (3).

midi2.png
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I can change the sounds just fine, but still nothing plays. CV or VCV, even if I save it as a ust and re-open it.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Right click the first "a" note, and select the second last option to change the tempo there.
Then, delete the first rest.

Alternatively, simply right clicking at the top of the piano roll where it says "50000" in blue, you might have an option to just delete it.

One of those should, in theory, work.

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
I tried the second thing, and it just stayed at 50000. I'll give the other one a try when I can, though.

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Halo link said:
Right click the first \"a\" note, and select the second last option to change the tempo there.
Then, delete the first rest.

Alternatively, simply right clicking at the top of the piano roll where it says \"50000\" in blue, you might have an option to just delete it.

One of those should, in theory, work.
Wow, I've been having this problem for such a long time, then I read this post and now it works! Thank you so really much. I've tried the second option and it didn't work, but the first option works perfectly.