Midi for original song?

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm trying to write an original song for my UTAU Trina, and it's called "A Sad Love Story" and it's about being in an abusive relationship with someone who claims to love you and you just can't leave them because you're afraid that if they don't love you no one ever will.... you know, stuff that goes through people's heads as they say with their abusive lovers.
Anyways so this is what happened when i tried to make it myself....

Anyways so here is the singing bit

Here are the lyrics in case you need them (Though i am going to do the creation of the actual UST and a friend of mine is going to make an instrumental to go with it)

A Sad Love Story

Look me in the eyes
and tell me that you don't love me
Then I will go
I'll let you go
But only if you say you don't love me

The words you say
They hurt
But they aren't what i'm looking for
No
And i just want to hear
The words come from your mouth
Just say it
Just say it
Ohh

Look me in the eyes
and tell me that you don't love me
Then I will go
I'll let you go
But only if you say you don't love me
Ohh oh, ohh oh oh
Ohh oh, ohh oh oh
Ohh oh oh

Just say it so
I can let you go
I can't get away when i feel this way
And I can't take this pain
But I can't take the thought of leaving someone who loves me
So much!

Tell me you don't love me
These hurtful words you scream at me
They aren't the truth
But I feel it so deeply
Ohh

Say it
Say it

Look me in the eyes
And tell me you don't love me
So I can let you go
Run away from the pain you cause me

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Tell the friend who's producing the instrumental to make the vocal part as an additional track. using a placeholder instrument (like a piano, or something).

Unless said friend is going to do something like record themself playing the guitar... but anywho, it's still best to be working in a DAW where one can do that kind of thing.

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Really i don't understand what you meant.... and yes the song is on piano but idk how that helps with the MIDI

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I guess I'll illustrate what I mean.

oUZM6gK.png

This is a screenshot of a cover I made.

Let's say that this is the project that your friend is working on. They're either making the song on their computer from scratch, or recording actual instruments into the computer, the way I see it. The first track would be replaced by all of the tracks they use for writing the song. I assume that they will also take the vocal track that you sang and put it in the song, to use as reference.

Then your friend could make the midi tracks (next 4 tracks). As a placeholder for the future vocals, it could be any instrument, just to hear the notes and rhythms. It be any instrument. (I personally use an erhu plugin because I like the way it sounds.)

Then your friend exports those midi tracks from their song project to send to you. You do all the UTAU magic, which then goes back into the song project as the next four tracks in the screenshot. (the last track was just extra bits I was adding, just little mixing tricks)

If your collaboration plan is to make the COMPLETE vocals first, all tuned perfectly in UTAU with layers of harmony... It'll be much easier to work with the music first, using a placeholder for the vocals. Trust me.

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
well what you said my friend doesn't see as what you said being applying to the ballad which is the style this song is so i'm just going to look for someone to just make the midi like my original intent was.....

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
??? How is your friend making the song, anyway?

I really don't know anything about your entire workflow, so I had to make some assumptions. I apologize.

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i'm making the UST. The midi is for the UST, not for the instrumental..... My job is to make the actual UST because it's my song. I just need someone to make the Midi to do with the vocals to render into UTAU so i can make the UST sound how i actually want it to sound

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
So, if I am in command of the facts here, your friend will be playing the instrumental and you will be applying the ust to that. If someone were to make a midi having the key of the instrumental would be very helpful, to ensure they work together without sounding "off key". Even more helpful would be to have the instrumental available to make the midi to in a music program. Otherwise its kinda like shooting blind ya know?

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
*shrugs* thats one way to do it. Forgive me as I dont have a very good ear for such things. Best of luck! Im sure it will work out in the end!