Midi Has an Odd Echo, Adding Pitch Bends, and Utau Crashing Problems[Utau-Synth]

April-Lily

Momo's Minion
Okay, I'm fairly new to the land of Utau because I'm a Mac user and we didn't get a workable Utau program until about a year ago. Lately I've gotten pretty into it (I've made 5 CV voices and I'm working on my first VCV, though none are released for the public yet), but I've been having some problems with Utau-Synth. I'm not sure how much people can help me though...so we'll see.

1) I'm trying to make a UST from a midi, I got the midi, found the vocal track, imported it, and started typing in the lyrics just fine. The issue is the midi sounds really tinny or has an odd echo, it doesn't sound like how my UTAU normally sings and I have no idea how to get rid of it. Anyone know or have ideas?

2) Again, with the making of the UST, I know there are plenty of vids and tutorials on making pitch bends and the different 'Mode 1' vs 'Mode 2' in regular UTAU but either I'm stupid and can't find the different modes, or UTAU-Synth doesn't have them. I'm trying to figure out how to add pitch bend and I can't figure it out :T

3) I'm working on a VCV bank for the first time and when I try to have her sing UTAU-Synth ALWAYS crashes. When i first started working on her it'd let me play even though I had only a few samples in of her oto list, but as I'm recording more of the samples and otoing them...it crashes ever damned time I want to test her out...is it because she doesn't have the complete number of samples for her oto list? I'm not sure...it's just a pain in the butt because I'm working hard on her and I can even test or use her.

Thank you for the help OTL

michaeleliable

Momo's Minion
OK first thing's first update utau-synth to the newest version avablibe, than get the english patch How To Get UTAU-Synth In English this video explanes it. Ok if there is an echo that is probably because there is no set consonant speed. First selet all (command+a) than right click and go to "note properties". Their will be a box that says "consonant speed" click the empty box, and put 100 in the box, and press clear a bunch of times. Next pitch bends! Ok when you import the midi, you see those red lines that connect the notes? those are pitch-bends! If you want to edit them, you just right click the little square box at the end of each note (looks like a square nipple) that is connecting that notes and press "add control point" another red nipple will apere in the middle of the pitch bend, just drag it to were ever you want the pitch to be. I can't explain it, but pitch-bends are something that you have to learn on your own. UTAU-Synth always being updated so that might help the crashing.
I hoped I helped you out. And if you need anymore help just contact me!