Midi help!!! Weird things going on with the rest notes.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
So this is my second time making a ust with Fl studios and this is the first time I ran into this problem. At first I thought these were the result of some notes overlapping (which I did find some and corrected them, but these still appeared). They seem to originate from where the rest notes are and they are throwing the ust out of tempo. I've tried removing the rest notes and they still appear.
ef3844bf53efbc401f8ac7d7d245c131.png

If anyone can help me bypass this, it would be much appreciated

Fanicom

Grandma Hyena
Defender of Defoko
FL sometimes makes those pesky tiny lil' notes and you gotta clean 'em up ;-; but usually there is that tempo problem when you import a midi, you have to go to the first note and write down the correct tempo. I usually find them as "50000"...
if it's utau synth tho, ignore me. sorry orz

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
FL sometimes makes those pesky tiny lil' notes and you gotta clean 'em up ;-; but usually there is that tempo problem when you import a midi, you have to go to the first note and write down the correct tempo. I usually find them as "50000"...
if it's utau synth tho, ignore me. sorry orz
5f4b96e5c9bdfee69072d017d2f48afd.png

I checked the temp for the first note and set it was 130.0. I attempted to delete these things but its like they are some kind of glitch T.T. And when I move notes around they still tag on the end. Its weird cause its only on the first couple of notes. The rest of the tract doesn't have this.

I'm using windows UTAU btw.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When exporting midi from FL studio, I would not recommend doing it from the main menu. In the Piano Roll window, there should be an arrow or something in the top left corner. From there you can select File > Export midi, and then you won't have tempo issues or anything.

Reactions: Fanicom

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
When exporting midi from FL studio, I would not recommend doing it from the main menu. In the Piano Roll window, there should be an arrow or something in the top left corner. From there you can select File > Export midi, and then you won't have tempo issues or anything.
I usually do it from the piano roll. I go to Tools>Macros>Prepare for Midi export, then I hit File>Export>Midi File

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I usually do it from the piano roll. I go to Tools>Macros>Prepare for Midi export, then I hit File>Export>Midi File
Oh, that method is exporting midi from the entire project. This is where you'd export from just a single pattern.

upload_2017-5-23_10-34-46.png

If you have other patterns for harmony tracks, you'll need to export those separately as well. This method allows you to export midi without having to turn all the tracks into MIDI Out.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Oh, that method is exporting midi from the entire project. This is where you'd export from just a single pattern.

View attachment 5339

If you have other patterns for harmony tracks, you'll need to export those separately as well. This method allows you to export midi without having to turn all the tracks into MIDI Out.
Oooooh, I didn't know that. I tried it that way, but still had those things at the end of the notes. Fanicom told me that its most likely the result of me copy/pasting notes and dragging them around (which I did do).

Thanks for helping me and giving me some new info on exporting midi files.

Reactions: Kiyoteru