More than one UTAU by one user

scarfu

Teto's Territory
OK gonna post here again--I'm seeing a reoccuring theme in some of these posts saying that people shouldn't make a lot of UTAU because they'll forget/abandon their older ones...

I can understand being upset or disappointed to find an UTAU you like abandoned by the creator, but it's not really fair to expect a person to remain entertained with just ONE UTAU their ENTIRE time in the community.

My first UTAU was Hayari, and while she isn't "abandoned," I don't really use her a lot anymore, but I used to use her all the time and the most. I still like her, I just have more fun using my other UTAU TATARI nowadays, and so I use TATARI more than I use Hayari now--he's my "main" UTAU instead of Hayari. I don't really see why that'd be an issue?

Maybe it's just because of the community I come from, but to me it's inevitable to get bored with a character after a while. Having multiple UTAU and switching between who you use most from time to time isn't bad to me I think because it'll keep your interest in UTAU and the community going stronger for longer?

I know for a fact if I had just Hayari I would have quit by now because I would have gotten bored so... XD

I just don't really understand that chain of thought oxo

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
scarfu link said:
OK gonna post here again--I'm seeing a reoccuring theme in some of these posts saying that people shouldn't make a lot of UTAU because they'll forget/abandon their older ones...

Ah, well I guess it's not so much a user shouldn't interchange with their UTAU's but more so...total lack of care for a particular UTAU (or more) completely. I agree, there's no fun for the user if they keep on using a UTAU they are bored out of their mind from using one so much but many don't think too highly when it's more like "Um, so do you just have that UTAU sitting their for no apparent reason now?" Where the last use was about..I don't know, I guess from their first appearance type of thing? To the point you feel, "why did you bother?" maybe?

Because I don't want to finger point but uhh, you're just bringing up your situation I think it's okay for me to add on.

I mean, you still use Hayari. o v o It doesn't seem at all like you completely forgot you created her... you've made videos occasionally with her and celebrate her anniversary (I think ;;;:wink:. It's clear you don't use her as much as you do with TATARI these days..but we still have the feeling that you use her (you included her in a few of your projects like Rise and Fall too so...) XD I don't think people expect a user to use all of their UTAU an equal amount of time, everyone's bound to have a "main" utau.

I'm probably just speaking for myself but..I hope you caught onto my drift? I'm not so sure if I got my message across. ; A ;

--

... OH WAIT. TATARI IS A HE? OAO /irrelevant/

Dark3li

Teto's Territory
I usually don't like when one person voice more than 1 or 2 utaus because almost of them sound the same D: (some people even have more than 4)
I think it's fun when you record another utau using your friends', brother's, mother's etc voice because that utau will always be yours but it has a different voice from yours and it could sound nice too, I have two utaus but one of them was voiced by my older brother xDD I tried to record a third utau using my voice again and it sounded like mi main utau but pitched :sick:

CannibalisticButler

Teto's Territory
Personally to me it doesn't matter.. But if they all sound pretty similar (Except APPENDS) then I would cut back a little.

But if you're having fun.. That's all that matters right? But ummm yeah...

cupcakuu

Momo's Minion
I have at least about 8 (3 of them were voiced by people I know IRL). I don't see a big problem with more, but like everyone is saying, their should have a limit (maybe at least 4 or 5). Most of the UTAU's the I've voiced, sound different b/c of me using different voices and pronunciations. I've abandon most of them b/c I felt that I had to many. I feel that everyone should have like 2 or 4 characters to make it more fun. It's fun seeing how your own UTAU's react to other UTAU and your own. (I know, I made no sense, but I'm just putting my thought into it.)

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I want to make a clarification...
How are your feelings generally for UTAU voiced by one person? Sorrryyy, I mean...It sure had the jist of it going on but clearly did not have that message actually written I think. XDD;; Ahhh I don't know, I mean it doesn't hurt to mention your thoughts on it too but I think most people are stressing on voicing
i am losing my thought

Roxanne

Teto's Territory
Imo 2-4 is pretty decent, if she/he can voice them all diffrently and has a flexible voice for that kinda thing.

KuroKitsuSan

Teto's Territory
I think it depends. I have two: Muon and Mani.
They sound kind of similar, but one is a shonen and one is a girl.

Kream

Momo's Minion
As long as their voice is unique and different from each other, I'm fine.
and I don't mean one UTAUloid has a powerful voice, then another one has the same voice, but just softer. NO, that's what appends are.
Different UNIQUE voices; that's where voice acting comes in.
and if you can't do that, look for another voicer.

and as long as the creator isn't overwhelming themselves and can actually handle multiple UTAUs. Not just throwing voicebanks out there and forgetting about them.

mangosiryan12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
i think it depends about the persons capability~ well, i dont like different characters with identical voices... me knows a person, she has more than 10 utau loid and they all sound the same. she said its different but for they sound like just apends for her 1st utau.

Hana-chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think it's good and people can do what they want. I have 19 utauloids, 1 of them has 4 different appends, and also 1 jinriki into the mix. And I don't leave any of them out, in fact I usually make a cover with each one of them whenever I make a cover I'll make it with all of them if that makes sense. I do it mainly for myself, not to impress others, but because I like listening and imagining them as the different characters and because it's fun.

Reactions: Lycoris