Moresampler issues (+ choppy singing)

WannabeHistorian604

Teto's Territory
Alright, so I was able to finally start doing UTAU again after a long hiatus after I was traumatized by my work being randomly deleted a little over a year ago. And I also added more otos to a VB I made before. I was really looking forward to testing out Moresampler with my jinriki, so I downloaded Moresampler... and this happened.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tnOhJqFh-AiHIJe3Wv4vj0hmtufbrip/view?usp=sharing
Certain notes like "sa" have this ugly death metal snarl to them, despite the fact that I don't want to use them here. I thought maybe the oto quality was bad since this is a jinriki and all, despite me trying my best to get the ugly scratchy residue out of the audio, but then I tried Resampler again...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PHDHGNtT2-oRWGTneO0ikiFJoCClDEuE/view?usp=sharing
And it doesn't suck. As much, at least, since it still sounds super choppy (some help here would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks!). But the death metal snarls aren't there at least.
So... what's going on? What can I do to solve this?

Aeroza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
That might have something to do with the frequency files. Can you provide a screenshot of one of the oto of the samples that is making such sounds?

Aeroza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Do you see the yellow line on the samples? Those are the frequencies of the samples. The frequency line of your samples seems to have gap which cause the sound to be distorted. (i think)
Also instead of having uneven line of frequencies like that, it should look more like this
ddrg50f-efac07cd-6598-4b72-896b-8eac93beb6c9.png

where the lines are more linear

You can easily configure them by going to the freq editor which looks like this
ddrg50n-5fd87b35-cdb7-449e-9289-05b9ddec17cd.png

The blue dots are the freq lines. The green bar thingy down there is the sample's sound.
The box with lots of dashes on the left is where you input the frequencies.

Sorry if this seems confusing for you...
I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask anytime.

Aeroza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ddrg7i7-5d5c95c9-75a5-4cca-acb6-a7a9cdf4839e.png

Click on one of the samples and click the "Edit freq. map"
[doublepost=1582995313][/doublepost]I can also take a look at the bank and try to fix it if you want to

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Moreasmpler doesn't use frq files. To edit moresampler's files, you have to download frqeditor and set it up with moresampler. Editing the frequency maps in UTAU won't do anything for moresampler.

Reactions: Aeroza

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Here's a link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rra0zg66lb419/frqeditor

In the settings you can choose which resampler you want to edit for. The short version is each recording should have several horizontal bands. The lowest one is the one you want to trace. Make sure to fill in any gaps if the band is present and there aren't any pitch points detected there. If the band isn't present, make sure its also blank there.

Sorry for the short explanation, I gotta go

WannabeHistorian604

Teto's Territory
@Aeroza Just in case, and because there are still some questionable otos there probably, I'll send my UTAU:
[doublepost=1582997242][/doublepost] Oh, that one; I have it, but I can't open it in UTAU. It says the file doesn't support it or something? And some notes seem to play better on Moresampler for some reason...

Attachments

• Feliks.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

WannabeHistorian604

Teto's Territory
@Aeroza It's an unfinished UTAU at the moment; looking for some sounds with the resources I have can be like pulling teeth.
[doublepost=1582997481][/doublepost]In any way, I hope I can hear back from @WinterdrivE later; for now I gotta go to sleep.