Moresampler popping noise when using pitchbends above C6 notes

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Ay, I am having a problem with moresampler 0.7.1 (the 0.7.2 seems to only update the oto configurations?) where any note on and above C6 make a popping noise >< I have checked the .mrq, .frq and .llsm files and they seem to be all okay! I need help tho since the song I am covering needs those high notes...

On a side note, the voicebank I am using is Shiine Ama''s Madder.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Given that Shiine Ama is a retired voice, you'll have to hope that someone else in the forum has her if she can't be redistributed via 3rd party. The only recommendation I can give is to use resampler patch and with the switch resamplers function, switch to another resampler on the high notes that won't give undesired results. Note: you will have to add moresampler to the resampler patch list (it's in AppData, a hidden folder in your user). I would link the folder, but I'm afk.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Given that Shiine Ama is a retired voice, you'll have to hope that someone else in the forum has her if she can't be redistributed via 3rd party. The only recommendation I can give is to use resampler patch and with the switch resamplers function, switch to another resampler on the high notes that won't give undesired results. Note: you will have to add moresampler to the resampler patch list (it's in AppData, a hidden folder in your user). I would link the folder, but I'm afk.
Tried that and worked >< I think it is kinda weird since other VBs dont have this problem ^^'

CrimsonNeko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I have Shiine Ama's madder VB, would you like me to check if I hear a popping sound on the C6+ notes with moresampler?

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
It's not just you having that issue and I don't think it's the bank, moresampler just seems to give up in higher range I think
I was trying to make two falsetto banks harmonize, and the higher the voice got, the more the files gave out.
I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but render the high notes, open it in your audio editor, and tell me if the wav looks like it drops where the popping is, if it does, it's a problem that I'm not sure can be fixed

CrimsonNeko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I tried it and the popping sound did occur but when I tried the same pitchbends with Rook and there was no problem. I have no idea what the problem is though so I can't really help.

Edit: It is a moresampler problem. I tried Teto's English and there was a popping noise on one of the high pitchbends. I guess moresampler just messes up with some VBs more than others.

I haven't found a way to fix it but I would suggest just using a different resampler for whatever you are currently using Shiine Ama's Madder VB for.

Last edited:

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
It's not just you having that issue and I don't think it's the bank, moresampler just seems to give up in higher range I think
I was trying to make two falsetto banks harmonize, and the higher the voice got, the more the files gave out.
I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but render the high notes, open it in your audio editor, and tell me if the wav looks like it drops where the popping is, if it does, it's a problem that I'm not sure can be fixed
Yup, exactly!
PMdeRF9.png

I tried it and the popping sound did occur but when I tried the same pitchbends with Rook and there was no problem. I have no idea what the problem is though so I can't really help.

Edit: It is a moresampler problem. I tried Teto's English and there was a popping noise on one of the high pitchbends. I guess moresampler just messes up with some VBs more than others.

I haven't found a way to fix it but I would suggest just using a different resampler for whatever you are currently using Shiine Ama's Madder VB for.
I used the resampler patch and switched on the problematic notes; Another way I foun to "fix" this is editing the pitchbends like this:

0cNAQrk.png

I dont mean the pitchbends need to cross, but for the "i e" note, I need to put the last control point in the end of the note; The popping goes out, but the sound is not my desired one -w-'

Reactions: HoneyPai

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Yea, I notice that if you're in the high range and the pitchbend goes higher up, it pops
And if you bring it down it will stop the popping sometimes.
I don't know if it's all just because the pitchbends or not
But if it is, we both just got solutions xDD

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

CrimsonNeko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Yup, exactly!
PMdeRF9.png

I used the resampler patch and switched on the problematic notes; Another way I foun to "fix" this is editing the pitchbends like this:

0cNAQrk.png

I dont mean the pitchbends need to cross, but for the "i e" note, I need to put the last control point in the end of the note; The popping goes out, but the sound is not my desired one -w-'

I listened to the sound sample for i e and there are is a popping sound on the ie part in the actual wav file. For some reason it only makes a sound with moresampler past C6.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I listened to the sound sample for i e and there are is a popping sound on the ie part in the actual wav file. For some reason it only makes a sound with moresampler past C6.
Yes >< I tried other C6 notes, and for example, her "o nyoB4" sample make the strange noise, where the "o nyoA3" and "o byoB4" doesnt...IDK how moresampler works, so I wonder how these things happen ><

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For those experiencing the popping issue, report it to moresampler's bug reports page on kanru's site. Include the voices tested, wavs in clyp.it, and the moresampler version being used.

CrimsonNeko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Yes >< I tried other C6 notes, and for example, her "o nyoB4" sample make the strange noise, where the "o nyoA3" and "o byoB4" doesnt...IDK how moresampler works, so I wonder how these things happen ><

It's probably just the way that moresampler was made. It cannot handle noise and whenever it is on high notes it must just accentuate in order to make the notes be able to go higher without sounding robotic. Unfortunatly that means that whenever a noise such as a mic popping noise is within a recording it can cause problems.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
For those experiencing the popping issue, report it to moresampler's bug reports page on kanru's site. Include the voices tested, wavs in clyp.it, and the moresampler version being used.
The comment section of the page is not working for me, so if anyone would be nice and post it for me ><

Type: Bug;
Version: 0.7.1 (also present on 0.7.2);
When it happens: When playing notes on past C6;
What happens: A popping sound plays alongside/right after the sample
On which voicebank it happens: Shiine Ama Madder, Kasane Teto Sakebi, Meru Melodic Feroce (and other random VBs)
UST: Actually any UST with a note over C6;

Ways to workaround the problem:

*Set pitchbends like this on the "i え" note -> http://i.imgur.com/0cNAQrk.png

The render when popping sound plays: http://imgur.com/PMdeRF9.png
A glitched sound using Shiine Ama madder:

Thank you!~