Multiple aliases?

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hey guys. I recently bought a couple of Macnes and I've made the decision to try my hand at otoing.

The files are all named like "Macne Coco Black 001" so I've been entering romaji aliases in their otos so that they'll, y'know, work. However, I think it would be convenient to have kana aliases as well, since I occasionally work in hiragana. I understand that I can make a copy of a note with a kana alias, but I don't want to deal with having to deal with twice as many syllables if I muss up somewhere...besides renaming the files themselves, do you know if there's any way I can enter multiple aliases? And can you think of any other alternatives that I could try?

If all else fails I'll make the kana copies, or I'll just suck it up and use the oto that my buddy gave me, since it's kana-encoded anyways.

I know, it's not the biggest problem in the world, but I'd like to know regardless

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ok, in the voice configurations-screen, right-click the sample and click duplicate. (The third option in the drop down menu.) Now you can give the same sample another alias.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
smeen link said:
Ok, in the voice configurations-screen, right-click the sample and click duplicate. (The third option in the drop down menu.) Now you can give the same sample another alias.

Okay

I mentioned that already but it was buried under a wall of text I guess.

If I make changes to the oto in one instance of "a", will they be reflected in "あ"?

If not, I have concerns about that approach. If it turns out that I've made a major error in my oto-ing technique, and the work I did on 100 samples is junk, I'll have to re-align 200 oto-instances. The ability to refer to multiple aliases from the same oto-instance doesn't seem to me like a difficult thing to implement or an unreasonable thing to expect, so I want to know if there is a way to do that.

In any case, thanks anyways orz

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
If you made changes in the oto of one, you need to change them in the oto of the other as well. If you're afraid of making mistakes it's better to test your oto before adding multiple aliases.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
smeen link said:
If you made changes in the oto of one, you need to change them in the oto of the other as well. If you're afraid of making mistakes it's better to test your oto before adding multiple aliases.

Righto. I was hoping to add the additional aliases as I went along but it doesn't look like that's possible right now >____>

Thanks again.