MUNASHINE BOCHI - A new VIPPERLOID appeared?

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
[nico]sm17046057[/nico]

I just found this some minutes ago.

The description provides you the next link: http://cripton.ddo.jp/mp/pages/prod/vocaloid/cv04.jsp

This looks like the usual VIPPERs trick, since the site looks like a CRYPTON FUTURE MEDIA page, yet in the next minute leads you to a image that seems to make fun on you.

First SCOTT, then Bochi... This UTAULOID is pretty muffled too. Her desing reminds me a bit to Yayin Gongyu (CHINALOID) in terms of violetish-blue hues, double tail (in this case a double braid).

If this is confirmed to be a VIPPER work, I am pretty dissapointed again. 8 months after the failure of SCOTT in terms of voice, they failed again; At least the art and design is more pleasant than the radioactive onion.

So please.... give your point of views.

EDIT: Confirmed as VIPPERLOID. http://blog.livedoor.jp/x2ch_vipper-log/archives/2578866.html

===

INFO
☆ Gender: Female
☆ years: 11 years old
☆ Height: 136cm
☆ Weight: 26kg
☆ Three size: 63,57,55
☆ hairstyle: braid
☆ Hair Color: Gray
☆ Eye Color: (vortex of purple) Rinnegan (OMG NARUTO REFERENCE AGAIN!!)
☆ Personality: lovestruck
☆ personality: eyes shining
☆ headgears: With a light blue headband with polka dot pattern
☆ Dress Code: Miko outfit (Shrine Maiden)
☆ equipment: bow
☆ motif of the bow: Oden
☆ arrow motif: Oden
☆ favorite food: Oden
☆ favorite phrase: a cramp in my ~
☆ good genre: Enka
☆ number - 674 (located in her right breast/chest?)
☆ Headphone: yin and yang motif
☆ Pants: plain white
☆ Color of the Miko clothes: Blue

This info was translated from 2chan vipper log.

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Woah. Vippers. I am dissapoint.

It wasn't even the muffled-ness of the voice that bugged me, it sounds like there are really random spikes of loudness in her vocals. It just sounds unprofessional. Not like the vipers at all. Possibly a double trick? Maybe it's someone trying to be like tha vippers? Because I don't think they'd actually bother publishing something quite as bad quality as this. Muffled voice + volume issues/bad mixing isn't like them.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Rave link said:
Woah. Vippers. I am dissapoint.

It wasn't even the muffled-ness of the voice that bugged me, it sounds like there are really random spikes of loudness in her vocals. It just sounds unprofessional. Not like the vipers at all. Possibly a double trick? Maybe it's someone trying to be like tha vippers? Because I don't think they'd actually bother publishing something quite as bad quality as this. Muffled voice + volume issues/bad mixing isn't like them.

Well... this happened too with SCOTT, a VIPPERLOID released in May 2011, which had the same issues you metion: Muffled and volume peaks.

I know the first vippers (Teto and Ruko) were not much HQ, but VIPPERS started to make better products with Ritsu, Rook, and Miko... Oniko was medium (yet her VCV is much better) and then we have the awful SCOTT and now Bochi... This is like, gettin up a hill, just to go down again.

OTL

EDIT: I found another video of Bochi

[nico]sm17046642[/nico]

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
This is really a disappointment. I kinda have the feeling that they think "let's do some new and because we're so famous she will be famous too =DD" Although the second video has better quality it's still awkward. I think if they're doing such bad quality with more Vippers they'll loose supporters.

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
DianaTan link said:
This is really a disappointment. I kinda have the feeling that they think \"let's do some new and because we're so famous she will be famous too =DD\" Although the second video has better quality it's still awkward. I think if they're doing such bad quality with more Vippers they'll loose supporters.

I agree completely. Most Overseas UTAU sound better than this, even CV ones. (not saying our UTAU are any worse than the japanese, but that IS the stereotype) She sounds like she's holding her nose. I think the Vippers need to give it a rest for a while, until they get some really good voice material.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay, now they're not even trying. OTL It's like they think that since Teto and the others are so famous they don't even have to put forth the effort to make Bochi sound good. She'll just be famous simply for being a VIPPER. /disappointed

But she is cute I give her that much XD

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Her design is very cute and so is her voice, but yeah she does sound muffled :/

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
CV04? Really?

Wasn't Ritsu a play on the proposed MALE CV04 already? This just seems halfassed.

VIPPERs get your act together please V_V

Though the troll image was pretty cute.

That and I don't see a consistent joke here. I wonder if we're missing a reference? Every other VIPPER has had some kind of schtick that relates to either fandom or current events.

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Oh, her name means "lie-sound graveyard"

Unless they're going for the "bochi" meaning "gradually" or "soon" or something like that and the profile samples did say she won't be "released" until the 25th.... Kansai is apparently "passable" or "so-so" ...but both of those meanings are typically "bochi" repeated twice so I'm not sure.

Yaydenshijishoabuse.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Myst link said:
CV04? Really?

Wasn't Ritsu a play on the proposed MALE CV04 already? This just seems halfassed.

VIPPERs get your act together please V_V

Though the troll image was pretty cute.

That and I don't see a consistent joke here. I wonder if we're missing a reference? Every other VIPPER has had some kind of schtick that relates to either fandom or current events.

The same thing I was wondering.... in last cases we always had a "reference" for the pun:

Sukone Tei - Anti-len fangirls, recolors.
Hinomoto Oniko - wordplay of an insult to japanese
Ooka Miko - word play for "Wolf girl", also second voice source of Ritsu's trap videos.
SCOTT - I am still wondering this atrocity.... OTL

SCOTT was poorly developed, voice was muffled, design was horrible... even VIPPERS buried all the videos related to cover the failure (yet the VB and site were still around).

In this case... the CRYPTONLOID idea is overdone (Teto, Ruko, Ritsu), the fake page looks almost the same as Ritsu's fake one. VIPPERS should know by now that those lies won't trick us... unless this is a new "group" of them.

Unless the "reason" of this VIPPERLOID is known, we can't understand the pun they are trying to make.

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
Maybe making jokes about non-Japanese or non-English vocaloids due to the design and the upcoming Chinese Vocaloid? Because there were doubts by the Japanese fandom towards SeeU

The design is quite cute but really basing on Vocaloids is getting boring. Do they run out of ideas or why do they put just something together to have at least something new?

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Yue Nagareboshi link said:
Ooka Miko - word play for \"Wolf girl\", also second voice source of Ritsu's trap videos.
SCOTT - I am still wondering this atrocity.... OTL

Miko is also somewhat related to both Little Red Riding Hood (see voice source) and Spice and Wolf somehow. Her character item is an apple if memory serves, and she looks a lot like the main character of that anime.

Scott-kun was apparently a reference (somehow) to Robert Falcon Scott, an early explorer who starved his crew to death by getting lost while exploring the south pole xD IDK what else was up with him exactly.

scarfu

Teto's Territory
I have the opposite opinion of most of this thread-- I think her voice is pretty cute. It's not the highest quality, but it's still cute and I'm sure it could be used for a lot of interesting things.

I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed in her design though to be entirely honest XD; Like to me it just feels like Oniko and Tei smashed up into one design and it feels repetitive, you know? I wish there was something a little more eyepopping about her... She's not TERRIBLE in the design department, but she doesn't really stick out to me at all, and I think that's bad...

Also I keep seeing this SCOTT name and it's kind of annoying because is there really any proof that he was legitimately a project by VIP@2ch? Like everyone keeps saying the videos were deleted so how can it be proven that he was an actual VIP project and not just somebody on the wiki who made an UTAU and went OH YEAH SO HE WAS A VIP....

If I'm wrong that's totally cool but just like where is the proof oxo...

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
Not very good quality, but cute. I'm working on finding her voicebank. So far, it appears to have been split into six parts(seemingly unnecessary). VCV.

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko

InochiPM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
well its not that bad really, i mean its could get better before her release?
since its still and act 1 maybe her act 2 wil be alot better?