Music Theory, Mixing & Musicianship Resources

Tutorial Music Theory, Mixing & Musicianship Resources

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Brb marrying this list

Also, in case someone's interested there's another MOOC on FutureLearn ("How to Write Your First Song") starting June 8

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Added New Video Tutorial Resource:
Streaky's Mastering TV by Steaky of Metropolis Mastering
Mixing & Mastering Video Series - Tutorials, Q&A, and video blogs on audio production by Steaky, an audio engineer at the world famous Metropolis Mastering studio.

Added @Tema's FutureLearn suggestion.

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Part 4 of "How Music Works 1" is "YT Red"ed :bigtears:

But you can see it as part of the whole "How Music Works 1" here:
Part 4 starts around 28:30.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Added a new resource.
How to Synth, How to Bass, Production Basics,+Many More by SeamlessR
A resource for producers of every experience level. Videos on bass production, track production, performance arrangement, and many other topics. Exceptionally useful for FL Studio users as that is what SeamlessR uses but his lessons will apply across all DAWs.

Added a new section.
Additional Reading

Tips @ Recording Revolution
A blog by the producer behind the "5 Minutes to a Better Mix" video series. He blogs on various topics covering all aspects of music mixing, mastering, and production.

How to Use Reverb Like a Pro by Sound on Sound
An in-depth article focusing on reverb and it's applications, written by the premiere music production magazine in the world. A must read for all aspiring producers.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm going to cry because SeamlessR's videos seem to be exactly what I needed in my life THANK YOU

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hentai updated Music Theory, Mixing & Musicianship Resources with a new update entry:

Updated Coursera Classes + New Ear Training Exercise
EQ Your Ears
http://eqyourears.com/
Ear Training - Interactive frequency response ear training. How do you know what to EQ? Learn to listen to the frequencies!

Completely reworked all of the Coursea classes following their new URL structure.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Edit: Mentioning Coursea their new classes start October.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tema

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Here is a nice 30-minute primer on Music Theory to get you started if you are intimidated by taking a full class.

Check out the OP if you would like more detail, but this is definitely a good starting point for newbies. Goes by a bit fast, but its (roughly) everything covered in the 101 class I took in community college.

Reactions: Kazumimi and Tema