My Candy Love

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
www.mycandylove.com

My Candy Love is an online romance roleplaying (think otome) game that was originally, not in Japanese, but in French. Yes. French. (I believe it was amoursucre.com....)

The art style is supposedly a mix between European styles and Japanese styles, but it's still pleasing all the same.

The rules are basic enough. You get to personalize your character while trying to win somebody's heart. Though I should mention that the site is aimed towards girls. (Thus, the wooing of the guys.)

The most infuriating part of the game however, is the Action Points. Every room you go into costs two APs to get in. Why? I believe it's for costs, and to buy some time making new episodes. When you sign up, you begin with 50 APs (somewhere around there). You gain 15 additional APs if you confirm that you made the account (via email), and you gain 15 additional APs if someone sponsors you. The person doing the sponsoring also gains some AP. (*hint hint, points to self*) Every day you login, you gain $10 and $10 APs.

Which brings us to the story. The game is separated into episodes, or chapters if you will, and each episode has specific goals that you must accomplish. Similar to otome games and visual novels, there are also illustrations that you collect throughout your gameplay.

The forum seems pretty friendly enough. There is a "Parent Information" page (the site prohibits "sensitive" subjects [for ex. violence, politics, etc] to make it more kid-friendly).

There is a game demo on the site as well as some various CG galleries and walkthroughs done by fans.

My Candy Love- Web Trailer

What did you like about the game?
What didn't you like? (For example, the APs)
What do you think of the characters and of the stories?

Kero

Momo's Minion
France has been going through this beautiful animation renaissance, and I guess cartoon things like these are no exception. lD Even if it's not from the country itself, Quebec has always been really on top of things like this.
I'll sign up for it, the little demo I tried out was really entertaining to me xD I'll sponsor you if I can, for sure! :'D

edit: ohgod the main character looks freakishly like me ahhh the roots show ;;

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Kero link said:
France has been going through this beautiful animation renaissance, and I guess cartoon things like these are no exception. lD Even if it's not from the country itself, Quebec has always been really on top of things like this.
I'll sign up for it, the little demo I tried out was really entertaining to me xD I'll sponsor you if I can, for sure! :'D

edit: ohgod the main character looks freakishly like me ahhh the roots show ;;

Great that you're so interested! I'm already signed up, so I should be sponsoring you. XD Ah, well. I just hope you enjoy the game. ^^

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Haha I actually came across this game a few days ago. It seems like a typical dating sim so far but with the annoying AP going on. Dunno if I'll keep playing it or not, but I like the fact that they probably keep adding episodes so it wont be short C:

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Yes, the AP system is annoying! But I guess it's fair. They have to pay for the website fees, and other things. Also, since they have to make more episodes and translate them from French, it's to give you more time to explore the game, rather than make you wait for the next episode.
In other words, Instead of waiting for the next episode, you are limited by the APs and are still exploring the game. (Rephrasing to make it less confusing)

Kero

Momo's Minion
Yeah, but holy crepes guys, they're super cheap! I would totally give them three bucks for 100 points, and it gets cheaper the more you buy :U It's like 20% off or something when you get 350, so it's really not so bad. I actually kind of like the whole being limited thing, because it keeps me from procrastinating on stuff by playing this game. lD;; /finals week

I wish my character had some different things to say in certain situations. :/ Sometimes it's difficult to pick an answer because it'll either sound super bitchy or super namby-pamby. xD; where are my intellectual/sarcastic/kuudere answerrrrsssss

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
^ I would pay, too! Except I can't pay online, at least not right now. XD

Have you reached Episode 2, yet? What club did you join, and what did you think of the mini-games?

The basketball game is easy to get, but the ball just goes too fast. X_X And believe it or not, I score higher in the garden game if I'm on a slower computer. XD

Kero

Momo's Minion
There should be a way to share/gift AP. D: You could totally have some of mine. In the meantime, I guess we should just sponsor each other and roll with that? xD My username is Grenouille.

Yeah, I joined the gardening club because I wanted to see the painting of the gardens. It was so pretty *A* <3 I haven't gotten to the minigames yet, I spent a lot of time running around the school having no idea what was going on/being lost lol.

...pffft xD Watching grass grow...in real time! 8D

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
I'm faerimagic. (Surprise, surprise) XD

The way sponsoring works, though, is to invite someone who does not have an account yet. Sponsoring allows the site to have more members.

I'll send you a friend request, Kero! ^^

Kero

Momo's Minion
ahhh durr. xD;; Oh well. We'll just play it the normal way.

I can see your comments on the characters, lol. Nathaniel is basically the only other sane person in the school besides Iris. He's the only one I actually get along with, to be honest. xD; Ken is okay.
I'm glad he's going to military school.
I kind of pushed him to be more manly, so I'm glad that's going to pay off.
I have a -90 with Castiel. I'm not 100% sure what I did exactly, but I think he must hate my guts, ahaha ;;
Also, I love my aunt. She needs to hang around more often.
I wish that one of the options back during the photo vandalism incident was "*gasp* How did you know that I LOVE mustaches?! ;u; <3" mind games ftw

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
I got my affinity up with Nathaniel, now, so it's all good. XD
But I have to say that Castiel is my favorite, thus far. We can talk about music and stuff like that. Though it would be better if I could find someone who could understand my otaku-ness.

I just met Jade, and already I have a -3 affinity, which disappoints me. I have to bring it back up again...
I only met my aunt once. How in the world did she get past security with that crazy outfit on??

That would be a great answer in response to Amber! XD The best way to handle school bullies like her would be to ignore them, or pretend that they have no affect on you. Unfortunately, there are no answers tailored to girls who chose to be natural loners *cough*, which is disappointing...

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Sorry for the double-post, but I actually found something really cool.

You know Ken? A bit clingy, right? I always hoped he would somehow turn out better.
Well...I found an image of what he's going to look like in the future. He looks like this in the French version; the American version doesn't have this yet.

600856_353987574674127_625497210_n.jpg

I feel like gloating to all my friends. XD

Edit: No way, the link disappeared! D: Here ya go then: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6hw16lDA41rs3oti.jpg

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I signed up but I guess it's alright.... I'm stuff on Episode 1 even though I already completed all of the objectives and every time I try to enter the school it says pick an outfit for your date.... :T

Kero

Momo's Minion
That means you need more money to buy the outfit, if you haven't already. xD Log out for 24 hours and then log back in; the game will reward you with $10 every time you do. c':

Kero

Momo's Minion
Ahhh, well, then it is one of the game's infamous glitches. Just keep coming back and attempting to play (this is also a good time to play the Flower Pawer game, hopefully racking up some APs), and eventually the IT team will get it sorted out. :'D