My Issues With Arpasing

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by яεsση ℓσяε, Dec 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. яεsση ℓσяε

яεsση ℓσяε Lord Of Edge Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I have quite a few issues with Arpasing and honestly, I just need to rant. This is personal to me so you can ignore this if you want to.

This is from someone who wants to do Arpasing, but can't for these reasons -

1 - information

Information about Arpasing is scattered around, so you have to look really deep for information. I haven't been able to find any pronunciation guides, I keep finding different random reclists dotted around, and there are barely any tutorials on how to properly record for it. So of course, I have no idea what to do, I keep finding information that's either outdated or just not understandable, and even if I managed to find it, I wouldn't be able to actually record anything.

2 - Accessibility in Recording

I have an eye condition that means I can't focus properly on computer screens. Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement). With the reclists for Arpasing, it focuses entirely on strings and guess who can't read that? Of course, this isn't a issue for most people, but it's a big thing for me. It's why I've stuck with CV for so long - no strings to have difficulty with. Of course, Arpasing couldn't be done without the strings, but it is a huge issue of mine.

3 - Accessibility in UTAU

As we all know, UTAU is not high contrast. I find it difficult to work in UTAU on a good day, with everything zoomed in and with UTAUColours on. That's CV. So imagine someone like me trying to work with Arpasing. I tried it, and I had to stop within five minutes due to eye strain. After five minutes, my vision was blurred and my head was pounding. So even if I wasn't recording with it, I still couldn't use it.

Before you say anything about VCCV / CVVC / VCV, I have these issues with those recording methods too. So yeah, rant over.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I have done my best to write all necessary Arpasing resources and compile them on a conveniently organized website here: http://arpasing.tubs.moe/en/index.html
    This is also the most up-to-date version of the resources, more so than the versions I have cross posted to UTAforum and UTAU Wiki 2.0. If you subscribe to the RSS feed, you can receive updates as soon as they're online and not have to wait for monthly newsletters.
    If there's any particular page or section that you feel needs more detail, please point it out to me and I will do my best to improve it for all readers. I am, however, relying on the translators to explain pronunciation for non-native English speakers.

Soursop the fruit and VocAddict like this.
  4. яεsση ℓσяε

Trophy Points
    The main issue for me though is that even if I had the information, I couldn't record or use Arpasing due to my disability. It's not just Arpasing, it's all of the voicebank types barring CV.

But I still think that keeping all information in the same place is important

5. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    If you'd like, I can write you a custom English reclist that's recorded in much smaller chunks, such as individual CV and VC parts. Hopefully it would be easier to read, and it can be set up to be moresampler-compatible so that OTOing is automatic as well.
    Do you find it easier to read paper or computer screens?

6. яεsση ℓσяε

Trophy Points
    I find computer screens easier. I have a modified laptop. And honestly, thank you so much. It really means a lot.

Kiyoteru likes this.