My Question About Condenser Mic.

***Macne's***

Ruko's Ruffians
I consider buying a condenser mic but I actually don't know what to buy with it.
I have to buy a Mic+ Phantom Power + Adio Interface (Soundcard) or just Mic+ Phantom Power ?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi, I can help you pick out all that stuff!

What is your budget/what can you afford? If your bidget is low then that will affect your options.

You'll need a mic, xlr cable, interface, stand, and optionally a popfilter.
Most interfaces come with phantom power built in.

What mic were you considering? There are a lot of options and as of recently there have also been a lot of...bad... choices and I don't want to see anyone accidentally purchase something that's no good.

Reactions: Zoku and Kiyoteru

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
A lot of those channels are completely useless to most Utau users with no understanding of audio. Also the stuff that is often reviewed on these channels are out of the budget range of most Utau users.

They also miss the practical information that people need. If you already know what to do then you're fine but I've encountered people who don't understand what gain is.

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
A lot of those channels are completely useless to most Utau users with no understanding of audio. Also the stuff that is often reviewed on these channels are out of the budget range of most Utau users.

They also miss the practical information that people need. If you already know what to do then you're fine but I've encountered people who don't understand what gain is.

That's a useful thing to know, indeed. :smile:

Last edited: