My UTAU/S wont sing certain sounds :FIXED:

emziloids

Momo's Minion
It's really annoying! several of my UTAUs wont sing certain sounds. with Kiaku it's the "wa" sound, which is especially annoying as it is used a lot. I've checked the recording and it's fine, I even re-recorded it several times. I checked the oto.ini and that's not the problem either! When I click play the resampler comes up as usual BUT whenever it comes across a "wa" it will say "resampler has stopped working" I click ok and it continues until it comes to another "wa". This happens with most of my UTAUs except it's different sounds. I've re-installed  UTAU several times, but to no avail.
If anyone could help me I would be very grateful! Thank you in advance!

Extra info
My local is set to Japanese.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Re: My UTAU/S wont sing certain sounds

Could I perhaps see a picture of the OTO for these problem sounds? Usually when resampler stops working, it's an OTO problem. If there's no white area, the resampler stops working.

CatastrophicMelons

Momo's Minion

Ah, those times where problems make no sense.
Make sure the envelope doesn't have a '!'. If it does, you'll need to fix the envelope.
Make sure you are using the cutoff thing to cut off empty space, and make sure the consonant isn't too big, if the oto is the problem. >.<
Also, make sure the aliases are right. Maybe you added a space or an extra letter.

emziloids

Momo's Minion

stormylullaby link said:
Could I perhaps see a picture of the OTO for these problem sounds? Usually when resampler stops working, it's an OTO problem. If there's no white area, the resampler stops working.

Your talking about the white bit in the oto? cause all of them have a white bit. Also I had the problem before it even had an oto

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 20

emziloids

Momo's Minion

Exitialis link said:
Ah, those times where problems make no sense.
Make sure the envelope doesn't have a '!'. If it does, you'll need to fix the envelope.
Make sure you are using the cutoff thing to cut off empty space, and make sure the consonant isn't too big, if the oto is the problem. >.<
Also, make sure the aliases are right. Maybe you added a space or an extra letter.
Thank you but I don't think the oto is the problem as it was happening before I even otoed her. I don't think it's the envelope either because certain sounds occur with certain utaus

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Try not to double postt :C when you reply you can click "Insert Quote" more than once.

Perhaps you'd let me download one of the trouble banks & see if the problem occurs on my computer?

Kero

Momo's Minion

Do her samples have hiragana aliases? The screenshot you posted just shows the romaji with a hiragana .ust in the background, so that's one thing to check.
Do you have the formant filter turned off? Are you using the resampler.dll or the resampler.exe? Did you make sure to check preutterance/overlap values set on the .ust, and reset all the envelopes? Try all that, and then click all the buttons and see what happens. 8I;;

emziloids

Momo's Minion

Kero link said:
Do her samples have hiragana aliases? The screenshot you posted just shows the romaji with a hiragana .ust in the background, so that's one thing to check.
Do you have the formant filter turned off? Are you using the resampler.dll or the resampler.exe? Did you make sure to check preutterance/overlap values set on the .ust, and reset all the envelopes? Try all that, and then click all the buttons and see what happens. 8I;;
stormylullaby link said:
Try not to double postt :C when you reply you can click \"Insert Quote\" more than once.

Perhaps you'd let me download one of the trouble banks & see if the problem occurs on my computer?
Unfortunately I can't send you the vb. But my friend also has the vb so I could ask her if the same thing happens on her comp?

The reason I had a Hirigana ust is because I was using it with another UTAU when I needed to take a screen-shot so I just changed the UTAU so I could take the scree- shot. Also what is the formant filter? (sorry for my ignorance ^^") It happens with every ust so I don't think the bit you said about the ust is the problem.

EDIT:
I just found the problem. I tried using the vb with TIPS and she could sing "wa" so yeah this is fixed. I'll just not use the normal resampler