My UTAU's Sound Files are a garbled mess...help, please?

Bemused

Momo's Minion
So, I've been trying to download Ruko's VB for UTAU-Synth, but every time I do, and regardless of what version of their VB I download, it always shows up as just a bunch of letters and symbols. When I click on them, they'll still make the right sound, but if I input Ruko's VB into UTAU-Synth, it won't play a sound. If anyone can help me with this, I'd be quite happy. Thanks!Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 7.06.38 PM.png

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Ruko's voicebank probably isn't working in UTAU-Synth because the oto.ini isn't in random symbols like the files are. So if the note is "- あ" and that alias belongs to a now corrupted "ああいあうえあ" wav file... it won't work because the .wav no longer exists under that name.
I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know if this'll work or how to change the computer's settings, but have you tried changing your system locale to Japanese? That'll usually fix the mojibake (random symbols/letters) issue. After that, try unzipping Ruko's VB again and see if the files are fixed.

Reactions: partial

Bemused

Momo's Minion
Ruko's voicebank probably isn't working in UTAU-Synth because the oto.ini isn't in random symbols like the files are. So if the note is "- あ" and that alias belongs to a now corrupted "ああいあうえあ" wav file... it won't work because the .wav no longer exists under that name.
I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know if this'll work or how to change the computer's settings, but have you tried changing your system locale to Japanese? That'll usually fix the mojibake (random symbols/letters) issue. After that, try unzipping Ruko's VB again and see if the files are fixed.
I set my computer's locale to Japanese, but it did nothing. Thank you, regardless!

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I set my computer's locale to Japanese, but it did nothing. Thank you, regardless!
The only other thing I can think of is to try this program and see if it fixes the issue. It's worked every time for me, but again, I don't know if it'll work on a Mac because I'm a Windows user ^^;
To use this, unzip the application somewhere and drag Ruko's original .zip file onto sjisunzip.exe. It should open the program, and from there, it'll automatically unzip all the folders. If it works correctly, the files won't be corrupted anymore. If this doesn't work, hopefully someone else will be able to help out!

Bemused

Momo's Minion
The only other thing I can think of is to try this program and see if it fixes the issue. It's worked every time for me, but again, I don't know if it'll work on a Mac because I'm a Windows user ^^;
To use this, unzip the application somewhere and drag Ruko's original .zip file onto sjisunzip.exe. It should open the program, and from there, it'll automatically unzip all the folders. If it works correctly, the files won't be corrupted anymore. If this doesn't work, hopefully someone else will be able to help out!
unfortunately, I can't use the program, since it's a .exe file, and apparently, Macs can't open .exe files. I appreciate the help, though!

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
For all I know, you should probably use a program that can unzip your files without corrupting them. I use 7-zip for that. Maybe find an unzipper for mac?

Alky

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Do you have access to a thumbdrive and external computer such as a library like in public or school? Some good extraction programs are Peazip(handles non romaji characters well and has MAC version ,too). If you get access to another computer, the decompressed files will be big but should be able to transfer from a thumb drive. Though process is annoying.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
HELLO!!! I'M A MAC USER!! This is a VERY SIMPLE issue that can be fixed easily!

Redownload the voicebank and use THIS to unzip it!!
https://theunarchiver.com/

When it prompts you about the text encoding, select Shift-JIS and all of the Japanese text will come out intact!

Reactions: Alky

Bemused

Momo's Minion
HELLO!!! I'M A MAC USER!! This is a VERY SIMPLE issue that can be fixed easily!

Redownload the voicebank and use THIS to unzip it!!
https://theunarchiver.com/

When it prompts you about the text encoding, select Shift-JIS and all of the Japanese text will come out intact!
I got The Unarchiver, re-downloaded Ruko's VB, compressed it (I don't know if I was supposed to do that, but it was the only I way I could get The Unarchiver to do anything with the file,) but everything's still corrupted. I'm sorry if I did this wrong, but I'm not sure. Thank you, anyway.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Control-click on the original file you downloaded and choose to open it with Unarchiver.

Bemused

Momo's Minion
Control-click on the original file you downloaded and choose to open it with Unarchiver.
I had to compress the file to open it w/The Unarchiver, which I did do (three times, for some reason,) but once again, the files are still corrupted. AHH
Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 9.21.37 PM.png