Need help putting configured reclist into UTAU software

looshee

Momo's Minion
Hey there! New to this forum but I need some help. I’ve been following CZ’s VCCV English tutorial to the letter and ran into some problems with SetParam.
So I’ve configured the whole reclist, but have no clue how to actually import this into UTAU itself. I’ve tried moving one or two files into the voice folder but when I enter for example ‘l&’ it’ll come up in two separate notes - ‘l’ and ‘&’. The consonant will be silent but the vowel sounds ok. It also seems that the little profile picture in the top left corner won’t appear, despite having the image file in the voice folder.
What is the correct way of moving all of my oto’d files into UTAU? Has anyone else had this problem? What have I done wrong and how do I correct it? I’m a complete novice at this, and yes the VCCV English is extensive and maybe I shouldn’t have started with it as a beginner, but I really want to make an English UTAU. Thank you!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Might be an issue with the installation location of your UTAU program. If it was installed into programfiles then there are usually folder permission issues leading to the program not being able to use and make files. To fix this simply move the whole UTAU folder out of programfiles and put it elswhere, like My Documents. Another solution, if you want to keep it in programfiles, is to adjust the folder permissions but it requires you to be a bit tech savvy.

Another thing could be that you've mistyped the lyric. UTAU is sensitive to upper/lower case and space, so make sure what you've typed matches with the alias 100%.

If none of the things above helped then I suggest that you provide a screenshot of the oto-window with the sample you want to use selected and one of the note in the note editor so it is easier to figure out what is going on.

looshee

Momo's Minion
Might be an issue with the installation location of your UTAU program. If it was installed into programfiles then there are usually folder permission issues leading to the program not being able to use and make files. To fix this simply move the whole UTAU folder out of programfiles and put it elswhere, like My Documents. Another solution, if you want to keep it in programfiles, is to adjust the folder permissions but it requires you to be a bit tech savvy.

Another thing could be that you've mistyped the lyric. UTAU is sensitive to upper/lower case and space, so make sure what you've typed matches with the alias 100%.

If none of the things above helped then I suggest that you provide a screenshot of the oto-window with the sample you want to use selected and one of the note in the note editor so it is easier to figure out what is going on.
Thank you for your reply. The main UTAU program is not in the program files section of my computer and is saved to an external hard drive, so that rules out any admin problems I suppose. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when I put one .wav into a test voice folder ‘-h8’ and input it into UTAU. When I would select play, no audio. 41B94E77-A945-43A8-872E-6CE255F2B331.png
Heres also a screenshot of what the reclist looks like in it’s own file. It’s saved to the OREMO reclist folder that came with the OREMO download, does the location of this change how UTAU works with the voice sample? The .otoini file is in there too, does that have to be moved somewhere? 824DF793-865D-443D-A0E1-07AA036C2210.pngHere’s just a final screenshot of the voice folder in the UTAU folder itself. Thank you for your support and I hope this gives you some idea of what’s up with my files.1D04A20D-A17F-4E89-820A-B712FBA50A94.png

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
On the first screenshot I see you used the lyric imput window. Sadly for non hiragana imput you have to put the note lyric in between the " symbol, like so "-h8". Otherwise it will make notes for each symbol, as seen in your screen shot. I've aded an image to better explain how it should look down below.
When I asked for the oto-window I didnt mean the location of the files, sorry for not being clear about it. To open the oto-window hit ctrl+g. A window wil pop up with the oto.ini settings. looking something simmilar to this:
help.PNG
I've sircled the alias box. In that box is the lyric you have to write in a note for UTAU to use that file with those settings.

And this is how the note in the "-h8" not should look like:
help_2.PNG
With that being said, you don't need to post a screenshot of the oto-window since it seems the issue was a lyric error. As long as the notes have the right lyric put in them the voicebank wil make the corresponding sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: looshee

looshee

Momo's Minion
On the first screenshot I see you used the lyric imput window. Sadly for non hiragana imput you have to put the note lyric in between the " symbol, like so "-h8". Otherwise it will make notes for each symbol, as seen in your screen shot. I've aded an image to better explain how it should look down below.
When I asked for the oto-window I didnt mean the location of the files, sorry for not being clear about it. To open the oto-window hit ctrl+g. A window wil pop up with the oto.ini settings. looking something simmilar to this:
View attachment 9929
I've sircled the alias box. In that box is the lyric you have to write in a note for UTAU to use that file with those settings.

And this is how the note in the "-h8" not should look like:
View attachment 9930
With that being said, you don't need to post a screenshot of the oto-window since it seems the issue was a lyric error. As long as the notes have the right lyric put in them the voicebank wil make the corresponding sound.
Thank you! I’ve put the quotation marks on the lyric and its coming up as one note now! Just another problem I’ve had, when I click on voice config. window the data for the pre-utterance and such comes up blank as if it hasn’t been edited. In setparam it comes up fine, everything is edited as it should be. Originally the voice config. window came up with all of the set configurations as they had been in SetParam, is there a way to reverse it? When I hit play its still not playing back the note to me.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Is the oto.ini file in the folder of the voicebank? on the image you upploaded with test there was only a wave file and no oto.ini in there.

looshee

Momo's Minion
Is the oto.ini file in the folder of the voicebank? on the image you upploaded with test there was only a wave file and no oto.ini in there.
I’ve put the oto.ini file in the voicebank and its come up with all of the configurations now!! Just another thing, in your screenshot there was a little circle where the ‘frq’ table was, should I have that on my ‘frq’ table as well?

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
The circle means that there are freq. map files present. These files tell utau what pitch the recordings are. To make them you have to go to edit -> select multi then select all the files in the oto-window and then hit "Initialize freq. map" button. This can take a while.
Note that there might be some frq. maps that were not configured correctly. Though these are easy to spot and fix with a frq editor plugin. The badly configured maps usually have sudden peaks and jumps in the line that is displayed by the editor.

Reactions: looshee

looshee

Momo's Minion
The circle means that there are freq. map files present. These files tell utau what pitch the recordings are. To make them you have to go to edit -> select multi then select all the files in the oto-window and then hit "Initialize freq. map" button. This can take a while.
Note that there might be some frq. maps that were not configured correctly. Though these are easy to spot and fix with a frq editor plugin. The badly configured maps usually have sudden peaks and jumps in the line that is displayed by the editor.
Thank you so much! It’s all working now.