UsoppFanGirl

Momo's Minion
Hi I recently posted a very similar request for help but I learned that I am not allowed to distribute it since it is a Jinriki. However, I can show pictures of my settings if need be.

Basically, I'm making a Jinriki VB and oh my god is it bad. the audio samples i used were fine, the problem is the oto and especially the FRQs. I tried using the more sampler instead of the default resampler and it just breaks the VB. Its unusable at this point. Can I get some help please?

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Due to the fact that the bank cannot be distributed the only help that can be offerd is to link you some tutorials on otoing & how to fix frq files.

I assume it's a CV type of voicebank that you've assembled. This tutorial goes over how to oto CV voicebanks, & it's reccomended to use the crossfade tool in UTAU to get smoother blends for CV notes that transitions into vovel notes. This tool is found under Tools > Built-in tools > Crossfade

For fixing FRQ files, the frqeditor plugin is recomended since the UTAU frq editor has issues with the buttons being cropped in the window.
Here's a tutorial that goes over how to fix FRQ files. I couldn't find any that uses the plugin atm, but it works essentially the same. By running the plugin instead of the built-in editor you get better view & access to the buttons.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

szumek

Momo's Minion
I never made a vb from any anime character, but I reasently otoed Himekishi Riyona's free samples (mostly talking samples) So i think that I can give u some tips or smfing.

First with oto i otoed her samples to be VCV and some CV so like from a sample "genutsutato" I made "- ge" "e nu" "u tsu" "u ta" "a to" u can also made som CV but their might sound weird due to its being taken from the middle of a word.

When ur otoing speaking samples u cant exactli keep the same preutterance(red line) and overlap(green line), so keep the preutterance where the consonant begin and overlap in the middle way between offset and preutterance.

Mess with the consonant(pink space) ALOT, it can really save the sample, if the growly/breathy/weirdly pitch part of the sample is out of the pink space and get strecht its gonna sound terible. So keep all the weird parts of the vowel in the consonant(pink space). And try to avoid using samples with loud music in the background, couse if utau stretch it, its gona sound baaaaad

Also while rendering use a resampler that will manipulate pitch quite naturally, so doppeltler or moresampler will be the best. Tho some samples are gonna sound bad regardles of the resampler, and will sound good only on their original pitch.
Hope it helps,sorry for my messy english lmao. If u need me to explain anything again or have some questions feel free to ask.:creepy: