need tuning help--note randomly is deeper?

xeno

Momo's Minion
hello! im pretty new to utau, and i'm working on a nazotoki cover. i'm using akarui kouki--hes a tripitch vcv vb. i'm using moresampler for both tools. i'm having this issue where on the lyric 'heya de' the de is weirdly low sounding?? the other notes on the same level dont sound low so i'm not sure why it's doing that, but the actual sound itself doesnt sound incorrect, so i dont think it's a vb issue? i think it just needs to be tuned to.....not sound out of place, but i'm not really sure how to go about that. i'm using '- で' because 'a で' sounds incredibly janky (the a pitches up super high, i assume because its coming down from the ya), and the vb wont accept just 'で'.
you can listen to the sound clip here, and below is a picture of what i currently have.
1620845780625.png
any advice is appreciated! i can collect more screenshots/give out more information if needed!

Reactions: Lycoris

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Since you've mentioned that the voicebank is a tripitch and there are no suffixes on the notes in the screenshot I'm guessing the voicebank came with a prefix map.
You may want to try and force UTAU to use a different pitch of the recorded sample for '- で'. To make it use a different pitch recording just add the coresponding suffix to the note that the bank uses for its pitches eg. '- で↑'. If you don't know what it uses for suffixes go to tools -> edit prefix map and scroll till you reach the general area of the pitches used. There, you will see either symbols or "note name" in the prev/next column.

xeno

Momo's Minion
Since you've mentioned that the voicebank is a tripitch and there are no suffixes on the notes in the screenshot I'm guessing the voicebank came with a prefix map.
You may want to try and force UTAU to use a different pitch of the recorded sample for '- で'. To make it use a different pitch recording just add the coresponding suffix to the note that the bank uses for its pitches eg. '- で↑'. If you don't know what it uses for suffixes go to tools -> edit prefix map and scroll till you reach the general area of the pitches used. There, you will see either symbols or "note name" in the prev/next column.
AH yes, this worked perfectly, tysm!!!!

Reactions: HulderBulder