Neither Teto nor Defoko Will Sing

airony

Momo's Minion
I put in the lyrics and notes for them to sing, press play, and a window with a black background titled "C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" pops up, disappears, and the highlighted note plays with no sound. I have the system locale to Japanese and I'm not using AppLocale.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The black window is normal. That's how UTAU renders things.

Teto and Defoko are both hiragana encoded. Are the lyrics in hiragana? If not, you'll want to either get a conversion plugin for romaji to hiragana (An excellent one is the Bizz plugin) or add Japanese to your keyboard layouts so that you can type it yourself.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Which resampler is selected? You might also want to try Running as Administrator, if you have admin privileges. Solves a lot of working problems, most of the time.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
are the lyrics CV "ka" or VCV "a ka"?

Also make sure you have your decimal symbol set to "." And your grouping symbol set to ","
bb688127.f04tm22(en-us,MSDN.10).jpg

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Defoko's bank (uta in the voice folder) is configured and encoded in Hiragana and is CV format. This bank will only work with single character input as the lyrics:
ex. [か] [え] [る] [の] [う] [た] [が]

Teto's voicebank format (and therefore the lyric input) is dependent on the version you download. It comes in CV, VCV, and CVVC Delta English as well as appends. Each append has a different suffix associated with it.
Teto's CV input is the same as Defoko's.
The VCV format requires the following format for lyric input...
ex. [- か] [a え] [e る] [u の] [o う] [u た] [a が]

CVVC Delta requires familiarity with the X-SAMPA format. I'd provide an example, but I'm not well versed in this format. For append versions, you'll have to Ctrl+G to open up the voice configuration window and see which suffix is used.

The default resampler and wavtool should work for both of these voicebanks, but running UTAU as admin or changing your permissions so that User has full control and turning off the Read-Only permission for the parent folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/UTAU) should rectify any problems with rendering or producing frq files.

airony

Momo's Minion
(Okay, so I have Defoko working now, turns out I forgot to delete the mkdefo.exe and the AquesTalk.dll files. But I still can't get Teto to sing.)
To Zoku, I use resampler.exe. You mean run UTAU as administrator?
I downloaded CVVC format, but I have zero idea what X-Sampa is so I'm pretty sure I messed up in picking what Teto version to download.

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
(Okay, so I have Defoko working now, turns out I forgot to delete the mkdefo.exe and the AquesTalk.dll files. But I still can't get Teto to sing.)
To Zoku, I use resampler.exe. You mean run UTAU as administrator?
I downloaded CVVC format, but I have zero idea what X-Sampa is so I'm pretty sure I messed up in picking what Teto version to download.
I don't think Teto has a CVVC Japanese so you might have downloaded her English.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
you definitly downloaded her english I think lol.
You can go download all of Teto's banks from her site and put them together into one bank. it'll make your life easier.