New Digital Diva - SELENA

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
A light year is for use for distance though, it's 9.4605284 e15 meters. So you would say like a galaxy is only 3 light years away, not an alien is 18 trillion light years old. These details are really important because I and a lot of the other who comment pointed out the same thing. I'm just saying you guys really need to wait until you have all of your information together. I'm talking about demos, a look at the synthesizer you guys are using with her. You need to be as transparent as you guys can be so we don't get another Stella or Vibe. I REALLY want you guys to be successful, but you need to be more put together to be taken seriously.
You will not get another STELLA or VIBE, because we are not saying she is a VOCALOID or anything that was previously mentioned. No company or team is truly transparent, ever. We all know teams and or companies do a lot of things behind the scenes. Yes lightyears is used for distance. We know that and so to get her age you would take how long it takes to go that distance and multiply it by 18 trillion. Instead of it saying lightyears only, we are changing it to "How long it takes to go 18 trillion lightyears". We cannot provide demos at this time, but I will say the engine to get rid of false rumors. SELENA will be running on Festival.

lunamageice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yes, she's really, really, REALLY, old. (for humans at least)
[DOUBLEPOST=1441603043][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please do not associate us with Stella or Planty. We did not tag her as a new VOCALOID or anything. She is running on a different engine.
to be blunt what you have here right now is worse than what the Alys situation was (ofc w/o the publicity tho)

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
i didnt even know festival could sing i never really paid it attention because the website was so ugri >_< im kinda exited for this since i have never really used/understood festival ^_^ good luck!!

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well yes it's true we don't have demos of the voice yet, but we have art, a design, a name, and a plan. (The bank is being worked on. It's not like we don't truly have anything.)

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I think what lunamageice meant is that allthough you have design, art and name. You're still lacking the main part of the Product.
Think of it as advetising a game, you have the character designs, names, and a general consept of the story. However the game mechanics haven't been made, not even a beta demostrating how it will somewhat be or look. No one knows if it will be good or bad".
I think an example, however short it may be, may help in terms of peoples wievs on this.
Hopefully the bank making won't take long, and a small demo can be made.:smile:

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Sounds interesting! I just noodled around with Festival a bit online, and it seems to have some good potential.

P

partial

Well yes it's true we don't have demos of the voice yet, but we have art, a design, a name, and a plan. (The bank is being worked on. It's not like we don't truly have anything.)
But the point of announcing a new diva/singer/whatever is the voice. At the very least, you should have a sample of it. It's definitely much more important than artwork, because what you're advertising is a new voice. I'm not trying to be negative or anything, I'm just saying... you seem to be focusing on things that are not what the vocal synth fandom is interested in.

Reactions: keopi

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, we can provide a sample of the engine and that's it. We were planning to do a voice provider contest, that's the true reason we didn't have a sample. We're guessing there's no appeal for that now though.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay, well wait a minute. I hate to be the Devil's Advocate over here but it wouldn't be the first time we've been presented with a character/art before we got the voice or even before the voice was even recorded. Look at Rana and some of the Chinese vocaloids. Ling and Lorra?? UNI?

So the fact that we're being given a character with no voice isn't necessarily the problem. What is this issue is the difference between my examples and Selena. With the others, the companies could offer us something else to care about in the meantime. Let's take Rana...no voice at first but we at least had some art to look at and an idea on how she was going to be sold which interested people and got their attention/them talking a bit.

The Chinese Vocaloids...well they already had some type of standing with Luo Tianyi and people were informed who was getting a voice as far as Ling was concerned.

UNI...might not be a good example sorry let's forget about her for now lol

Because my point is...if the voice isn't ready then you need to give people something else to tie them over, ya feel me? Like the artwork, info on the team, info on this contest of yours even if it isn't going to happen just yet, more info on the product and what your intentions and plans are. Something. It seems like this is a big deal to you, Pepper. Almost like your version of announcing a new Vocaloid? So you should try and get some more concrete details up your sleeve before making announcements like this for future reference. Even if things aren't done atm at least have your plan ready. And sometimes you need to be more transparent than not to give people a reason to trust you and be interested.

Just assume people are going to ask you shit. Because they will lol And if you don't have/give answers you get threads like this...people trying to explain what a light-year is. :annoyed:

tl;dr You can't just give folks a silhouette and some body measurements/age and expect them to have a very pertinent discussion for long lol You gotta give them more than that to grab and hold their interest. Good luck, friend~ I'll check in with you guys later, honestly.

Reactions: keopi and Zoku

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Personally I'd say a good way to start off, if you're trying to get this character popularity, is to honestly reveal all, or at least 80%, of that character at the same time so, as Iris said, people have something to talk about, thus getting a buzz going.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello again, we are sorry for our poor unveiling of SELENA. We hope you are able to forgive us. We have taken some advice given and we've unveiled her design, fixed up some details on her (and added some more info), put an example of the engine, and we've started a voice contest. All info is on the now updated webpage.

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So, Read your update!
Ahh Selena loos so cute~!! I'm having the urges to draw her!

B

bodytemp

So I have checked the site and I've come to give some feedback on a professional side of view.

First thing I notice when I look at the site is of how low quality it might seem to people. It creates the look of it being more of a hobby then an actual business outcome. I would suggest maybe hiring or commissioning a well known artist which would give it a higher popularity rating. The site layout is also messy and needs to be fixed categorically i.e.: having multiple pages not just one. Another thing to note is that you haven't built up enough hype or reputation for this either which means that your in scope and out scope show too many risks. Having released all the details within one week of actually revealing a silhouette is not a good look. Things don't seem to be thought out as much you should have waited to host the voice contest. I have also noticed that there are no deadlines on this. You need to have deadlines or people aren't going to take things seriously.

I wish you luck in your endeavour but please take something from my feedback. I'm not trying to be mean or nasty I'm coming from a marketing perspective. I do apologise if it does seem a tad harsh.

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello again, we are sorry for our poor unveiling of SELENA. We hope you are able to forgive us. We have taken some advice given and we've unveiled her design, fixed up some details on her (and added some more info), put an example of the engine, and we've started a voice contest. All info is on the now updated webpage.
Im willing to volunteer to draw selene, maybe make her design pop too if you'd like! i already started sketching the pose so xD
;v;

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, and her design is very cute, but I do have a few notes for it going forward:

• The color scheme you've chosen for her is a bit strange imo, as blue is commonly considered the coldest color on the color wheel, with orange being the second warmest. It's usually best to stick to cold colors on cold colors, warm colors on warm colors, or at least avoid practical polar opposite colors.
  • Also, I hate to sound nitpick-y, but her hair seems a bit too UNI-esque for comfort
EDIT: For the colors thing, it's absolutely ok to have warm colors and cold colors in the same design, but seeing as you only have four major colors on it, two of which are black and a skin tone, it'd probably be best to avoid going for things that may clash at some point

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Woops! We forgot to add the deadline. I swear we put it there. The deadline is September 30th. We'll add that right away. We chose Blue and Orange because of an accident really. I was making something then added a color effect and blue and orange somehow appeared. I thought it looked nice so I made a suggestion and it happened. (Orange is also the color of the aliens in Halo 4, which is kind of the inspiration.) We wanted to release the silhouette only, but a lot of people told us to reveal everything now or we'll be another, "It's Planty" sort of thing. (Btw, if this sounds rude please don't take it that way. I didn't mean it to be.)

Reactions: melobuniiP