New Kickstarter for PowerFx vocaloid!!

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Man, still wasn't the question he was asked, and they probably definitely didn't ask Yamaha since Yamaha would just say Rose doesn't exist. Bil's bad at lying.
We don't know the original question, don't jump to conclusions. The original question may have been "Will Rose be a thing" and since development on her has not started PFX may have asked YAMAHA about it and could have been told to say she won't be at this time. Remember that Bil's language is not primarily English so it may have been worded wrong. Accusing Bil of lying won't help the situation either.

Mametchi

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
We don't know the original question, don't jump to conclusions. The original question may have been "Will Rose be a thing" and since development on her has not started PFX may have asked YAMAHA about it and could have been told to say she won't be at this time. Remember that Bil's language is not primarily English so it may have been worded wrong. Accusing Bil of lying won't help the situation either.

I'm speaking as if the original question was "Are you still interested in developing the Kickstarter Vocaloid Rose?" Since you can conclude from the reply given to Bil that it was definitely more than a "Will Rose be a thing?". As a picture of Rose was provided, and several mentions of Rose were made. Which would, logically, incline a mention of the kickstarter, which should jolt some memory. I apologise if I'm making too many assumptions, because I am making too many assumptions, but I like to think they're a bit informed.

Bil doesn't need to ask Yamaha if Rose would be a thing. Especially since he would know which Rose was being talked about. You can't chalk that up to poor English. That's just avoidance. Bil should be capable of saying "Yes, we still want to." or "No, we're no longer interested."

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
which should jolt some memory."
Who said Bil forgot Rose? PFX also kind of does have to ask YAMAHA. They can't just whip up their own licenses. Maybe they asked YAMAHA for help on the issue and they were told no since they don't have the funding. It could be that simple, or it could not be. We still don't have a full story.

Leah

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
PFX is licenced to make Vocaloids as long as they have the funding, which was meant to come from the kickstarter. If Yamaha did not agree to the kickstarter idea, PFX should have messaged us, Eloquence, directly.

XJM

Teto's Territory
Buying some of their products would also help them afford producing more Vocaloids. I'd imagine a lot of their funding comes straight from their Soundation Studio.

Xepheris

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Though the vast majority of the vocaloid fandom is boycotting PFX after buying Ruby-

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Why not make rose a commercial UTAU or a different vocal program like CeVIO or vocalina

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Voice of Rose explicitly said that she doesn't want to be made into a commercial UTAU. CeViO does not support english. Not enough people use Vocalina to make a product for profit.

Also another new 'kickstarter' Vocaloid for PFX has been 'announced' named Ivy.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Voice of Rose explicitly said that she doesn't want to be made into a commercial UTAU. CeViO does not support english. Not enough people use Vocalina to make a product for profit.

Also another new 'kickstarter' Vocaloid for PFX has been 'announced' named Ivy.
I didn't know the voicer said that about the commercial utau

The HMM engine can handle english, so they could be the first English cevio

The vocalina idea could bring more users to the vocal synth and could make it more popular

Ivy?

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I didn't know the voicer said that about the commercial utau

The HMM engine can handle english, so they could be the first English cevio

The vocalina idea could bring more users to the vocal synth and could make it more popular

Ivy?
Ivy... Poison Ivy //shotdown (well, more seriously, it's sad she cannot be an other thing than a kickstarter-Vocaloid, but if it was said by the voicer well...)

Reactions: bio

Xepheris

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Honestly we are waiting out to see if A/E sounds good.

And yeah the new kickstarterloid Ivy, that PFX apparently responded to within days of emailing, so we finally completely feel PFX is a lost cause for us.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Honestly we are waiting out to see if A/E sounds good.

And yeah the new kickstarterloid Ivy, that PFX apparently responded to within days of emailing, so we finally completely feel PFX is a lost cause for us.
Really, don't lose hope for rose. And go about the A/E idea, A/E is a great Idea that aren't like 100$(no tea no shade to voxwave I still love alys)

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
I really hope that ROSE just doesn't dies out, I really fell in love with her, the best alternative will be A/E or even CeVIO, but getting her idea to CeVIO will be hard though, as they still don't plan on making and english voice bank for the synthesis

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
How many people are actually active in your group?

Xepheris

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

All of them haha, one of them actually sent me that post.. I don't know if any of them other than Leah and I have utaforum accounts, though (?)

Last edited:

lʌntєrn

Teto's Territory
Let me be brutally honest right here - two of our members (that's one member + me) aren't as task-active. Each of us already had our tasks divided before any plans were even drawn, so both of us had tasks that we were never able to fulfill, especially since Rose has been announced to be held off.
Support-wise, everyone is active. Every member still participates in any discussion there is inside our chat. Every member are still active participants in social media within the vocal synthesis fandom. Heck, someone won MAIKA from Voctro Labs in one of their events.
I'm here telling you that - Rose isn't dead yet. It's not the time to.lay her down in her grave. She's just sleeping right now. Call me pathetic and cliché or whatsoever, but our whole team is as active as ever to revive Rose. This shall not end until we completely run out of options. But then, the possibilities are endless.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm sorry if I cam off rude asking that question, I really wasn't trying to
But thank you for answering

lʌntєrn

Teto's Territory
I'm sorry if I cam off rude asking that question, I really wasn't trying to
But thank you for answering
I'm the one in the team that's usually really brutal and critical oops xP
and no, posts like yours remind our team to stay agile as a team and continue to sought out for options.
I'm a man of cliché oh gawd

Reactions: bio