New to UTAU, loaded USTs are silent.

CosmosGamez

Momo's Minion
Okay so I'm really new to UTAU and I followed a few tutorials to get it set up properly(having the Japanese language installed on my pc, and changing my Locale to japan prior to installation). I've gotten a slight hang of putting in notes and getting them to play, and everything's all well and good audio-wise at least until I load up a UST. You see, I wanted to test some voice boxes(including the default to see how it sounds actually singing), but the problem is no matter what voicebank I use, everything is entirely silent, even when I load it into a WAV file. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Some other notes I could bring up is trying to load up the default voicebank gives me errors, which worries me considering it's the default that comes with UTAU???
1623510007160.png

These are my settings for the project file:
1623510037947.png

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
The problem might be the format of the UST you're using. Can you send a screenshot of what the file looks like?

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
make sure that ust is in CV format and that window (voice set report) is normal.

if the ust looks like, "[- せ] [e ん] [n ぼ] [o ん] [n ざ] [a く] [u ら]" you need to change it into CV format

you can use suffix broker; select all (ctrl+a), go to tools, built in tools, suffixbroker, and remove prefix.

Reactions: vlbonnie

CosmosGamez

Momo's Minion
make sure that ust is in CV format and that window (voice set report) is normal.

if the ust looks like, "[- せ] [e ん] [n ぼ] [o ん] [n ざ] [a く] [u ら]" you need to change it into CV format

you can use suffix broker; select all (ctrl+a), go to tools, built in tools, suffixbroker, and remove prefix.
Oh that worked!!! Thank you very much!!

Reactions: JamesOvO

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
Hey! The problem, as vlbonnie said, may be with your UST. There are many types of voicebanks CV, VCV, CVVC etc. and each UST will fit with a certain type of voicebank. The default voice, Defoko, is CV. If the UST you're using is in VCV format you'll need to convert it to CV before it will play any sound. There are plugins that can help with this, you can find a list of helpful plugins here! (You'll want the VCV to CV converter listed there if this is indeed your problem)
Also a common issue I have with USTs, even if they are the correct format, may not play any sound. To remedy this I render the file as a wav and then cancel it, it works like a charm.
Hope this helps!