New to UTAU, need help!

PerfectWhiteDuck

Momo's Minion
Hello! I am new to UTAU and am using a windows 10 computer. I have set my region to Japan and have Japanese language/keyboard installed. However, when I try to use UTAU all the notes are question marks, no matter what I try to type in. I am using Defoko.

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I have set my region to Japan and have Japanese language/keyboard installed
That's great, but those aren't the settings you need to change,. The setting you need to change is your locale for non-unicode programs. If you google "windows 10 change locale" you'll find instructions on how to change it. After you change it, you'll need to completely uninstall and delete UTAU, then redownload it and reinstall it.

[edit]
You can change your region back to its original setting as well; it doesn't matter with UTAU.

Ona512

Teto's Territory
That's great, but those aren't the settings you need to change,. The setting you need to change is your locale for non-unicode programs. If you google "windows 10 change locale" you'll find instructions on how to change it. After you change it, you'll need to completely uninstall and delete UTAU, then redownload it and reinstall it.

[edit]
You can change your region back to its original setting as well; it doesn't matter with UTAU.
Also, make sure the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" isn't checked. It messes up UTAU and causes half the program to stay in mojibake. This was my singular problem that set me back for four whole days.

Kraemar16

Teto's Territory
Also, make sure the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" isn't checked. It messes up UTAU and causes half the program to stay in mojibake. This was my singular problem that set me back for four whole days.

try using the romaji to hiragana plug-in