New VOCALOID: Rana

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Rana
So yeah. This company WEVE Inc. has made a twitter for her, there's a Facebook page, and there's even gonna be a magazine called VOCALO-P ni Naritai that will teach you how to use her/MMD apparently. I can't wait for her first demo on the 12th! What do you think of her?

Here's her demo, "Rainbow Monster". I hope she's released properly after the magazine finishes!​

Last edited:

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm excited for her! I really hope she has a normal release, I don't really want to pay for magazine import costs ;A;

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
She's cute and until Youji shows me her website, I thought it was a joke-loid or something like that....

It's funny tho' how they use the same way than Windows 100% UTAU x'3 (except this time it's not for UTAU) And well, if you just pay for the magazine, then it makes her the cheapest Vocaloid bank ever, no ? =o

After, I think I will 100% believe she's real once the said sample is revealed (and also to hear if she'll be a classic moe or like Iroha, a lolita-looking girl with a tomboyish/mature/womanly voice x') But I think it'll be likely like classic moe)

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I just hope you don't have to get the magazine, that really makes her hard to get if you do, and I can see the magazine selling really well.
Heck, I may get the magazine if it's the only way xD

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
However, excuse me for a lame pun, but what if she was loving pasta to no end ?

Because you know...
Product_22oz_Tortellini_Cheese_Delicato1-300x296.png

/shot

Reactions: samth1815

Scottei

Teto's Territory
Supporter
It's funny tho' how they use the same way than Windows 100% UTAU x'3 (except this time it's not for UTAU) And well, if you just pay for the magazine, then it makes her the cheapest Vocaloid bank ever, no ? =o
Actually, it's the opposite. It's been said that in order to keep her indefinitely, you need to purchase all 30 issues of the magazine. The first one you buy only costs 799 yen, so about $8 USD. But everyone after that costs 1420 yen, so about $14 USD. 799 + (1420 x 29) = 41979. 41979 yen is about $410 USD. The most expensive VOCALOID yet.

Scottei

Teto's Territory
Supporter
It doesn't really matter to foreigners anyways. The magazine won't be available overseas, and it is unknown whether she will have a DVD release yet. So most likely, most foreigners who have her will have obtained her illegally.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Actually, it's the opposite. It's been said that in order to keep her indefinitely, you need to purchase all 30 issues of the magazine. The first one you buy only costs 799 yen, so about $8 USD. But everyone after that costs 1420 yen, so about $14 USD. 799 + (1420 x 29) = 41979. 41979 yen is about $410 USD. The most expensive VOCALOID yet.

The thing is, I think that also covers the other software that the magazine comes with. There's the full Editor ($100 right there), Singer Songwriter 7 Lite ($150ish according to my poking around), and an MMD model (which doesn't really have a specific price as far as I know, but you have to pay $20 for a Windows 100% magazine sooo). Add $100 for the bank and you get $370, so that's $40 left for publishing costs. The problem with that is, what about people who already have the Editor? It's not fair to them, so I'm hoping there's a workaround somehow.

I don't see any reason why foreigners can't get her legally if they use a shipping service like Tenso. It's an extra $20, but as far as I know it doesn't break any laws. That's how I got a copy of the Windows 100% Perfect Masters pack.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
I can imagine her probably sounding young(maybe childlike), she comes off as a kid-appeal sort of person(not in a bad way), perhaps to solidify the beginner vb notion.

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To be honest, I hope they release her through other means afterwards, £500 is a little tough on my nonexistent wallet :/

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
According to a few producers having used her, she'd have likely a voice fit to rock songs, and it'd be tomboyish

Reactions: Scottei

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Producers have already used her? omo I want source!
EDIT: Ah, I see. She'll be fun to hear then, since I'm a sucker for good rock songs otl

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I don't see any reason why foreigners can't get her legally if they use a shipping service like Tenso. It's an extra $20, but as far as I know it doesn't break any laws. That's how I got a copy of the Windows 100% Perfect Masters pack.

See the thing with Tenso is that the shipping would be through the roof and people would just end up cracking her anyways. Plus the package might not arrive in a timely fashion and she would expire before you got the next magazine.

The reason I say it would be through the roof is because the magazine is bi-weekly. That's around 40 dollars a week, just for shipping. Adding in the cost per magazine of 14 dollars, it'd be around 68 dollars a week. Eventually it would start to add up.

I really hope they have an alternative method for buying her voicebank. ;A;

Reactions: Xuu