Art New Voicebank in Production

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I'm recording a voicebank, I really don't have a name for the character. Her codename is voicebank_FEMALE. I got the idea for her while singing Meteor and I really wanted to make a bank with falsetto and a softer voice, with clear pronunciation like IA's.

The problem: I need a design and art for her.

I kinda want her to take slight inspiration from IA, I want her to look mysterious and almost magical.
I'd like this to be her main colour scheme, along with whites and greys.
Pantone-2016-colors-image.png

Can anyone please help me out?? I'll make a cover or something in return if you'd like.

Reactions: Alky

Kumoito

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi! Seeing IA mentioned definitely picked my interest.

Here’s a quick sketch I did on the spot, let me know what you think. (Sorry for the blurry pic, my phone camera is really bad )
VQtkgxX.jpg
If you give me more details about what you have in mind, I'll come up with more detailed (and colored) design ideas. (I’ll use my tablet for those)

It might seem like a strange request, but would you be willing to fix Keine Ron’s oto.ini in exchange? I’ve been meaning to do it myself, but I figured that with my current schedule, I’ll never have time to do it ;A;

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Hi! Seeing IA mentioned definitely picked my interest.

Here’s a quick sketch I did on the spot, let me know what you think. (Sorry for the blurry pic, my phone camera is really bad )
VQtkgxX.jpg
If you give me more details about what you have in mind, I'll come up with more detailed (and colored) design ideas. (I’ll use my tablet for those)

It might seem like a strange request, but would you be willing to fix Keine Ron’s oto.ini in exchange? I’ve been meaning to do it myself, but I figured that with my current schedule, I’ll never have time to do it ;A;
Oh, it's really really cute!! I'm really loving her hair and the ribbon-things on her arms.

Okay, what kind of oto.ini is it? I can do CV quite well, but I don't have much experience with other formats. I could attempt VCV but it's going to take centuries.

Reactions: Kumoito

Kumoito

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
I should have specified, it's a VCV oto but I don't mean redoing all of it. It's pretty much functional already, it's just missing a few samples (I think -あ was one of them) and some transitions could be better. But if it's too time consuming, don't worry about it. We can work out something else.

Is there anything else you'd like me to include / focus on for the design? (I'll keep the ribbons since you like it!)
I'll post some colored designs probably later this week / next weekend, depending on when I have time.

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi, I also made a design and maaaybe went a little overboard with taking inspiration from IA. (and ONE, kinda)
I don't know if you'll gonna go with Kumoito's design, but if so, I just like designing stuff so I took this as an exercise.
Keep in mind it's just a sketch so yeah, lazy linework.
24bql1y.jpg
... She may be considered an IA clone, but, idk, maybe it will inspire you in some way!

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Hi, I also made a design and maaaybe went a little overboard with taking inspiration from IA. (and ONE, kinda)
I don't know if you'll gonna go with Kumoito's design, but if so, I just like designing stuff so I took this as an exercise.
Keep in mind it's just a sketch so yeah, lazy linework.
24bql1y.jpg
... She may be considered an IA clone, but, idk, maybe it will inspire you in some way!
I like the dress and the jacket, but the boots and the socks make her look too much like IA.

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I like the dress and the jacket, but the boots and the socks make her look too much like IA.
Oh, okay, I understand. I'm not really up to redesign that, so if you decide on using stuff you like from this design, you can just use this picture as a reference whoever is going to make the final official art of this UTAU! (or to but that simply, I allow my design to be changed/copied)

Kumoito

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's been a while but I finally had time to make some colored sketches! Tell me which you like best!

I didn’t have internet while doing the first one, so the colors are a bit off from the ones you picked (I just used the colors I remembered).

fZPm4qb.jpg

From this one I used the actual colors.

o96qzVT.jpg

tmUl3zY.jpg

Isi0PSd.jpg

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
It's been a while but I finally had time to make some colored sketches! Tell me which you like best!

I didn’t have internet while doing the first one, so the colors are a bit off from the ones you picked (I just used the colors I remembered).

fZPm4qb.jpg

From this one I used the actual colors.

o96qzVT.jpg

tmUl3zY.jpg

Isi0PSd.jpg
(Sorry late reply! Busy with exams...)
I really love the second one! The white dress gives her a vibe of purity, and I love it.

Kumoito

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
(Sorry late reply! Busy with exams...)
I really love the second one! The white dress gives her a vibe of purity, and I love it.
(No worries, actually I’m super busy as well, my exams start next week…)

I’m glad you like it! I personally prefer the 2nd one as well, I think it’s the most IA-like one (I was worried that it’s a bit too similar actually..?)

I won’t have any time for a while, but I could do side / back references (and official art if you need it) after the voicebank is recorded.

I guess we can discuss this more when we both have time.

I’m looking forward to hearing her voice! :smile:

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
(No worries, actually I’m super busy as well, my exams start next week…)

I’m glad you like it! I personally prefer the 2nd one as well, I think it’s the most IA-like one (I was worried that it’s a bit too similar actually..?)

I won’t have any time for a while, but I could do side / back references (and official art if you need it) after the voicebank is recorded.

I guess we can discuss this more when we both have time.

I’m looking forward to hearing her voice! :smile:
Okay! My summer holiday just started so I'll have lots of time to record now!

Reactions: Kumoito and Alky