No Sound is coming out. Help would be Appreciated

Plastery

Momo's Minion

This is what I am using for my Bad Apple Cover for Lt. Shione which is V2 Normal. I have everything set to Japanese locale and when I try to load the sound file it says file load error. I don't know what to do next.

Mizupan

Momo's Minion
cant see the images, and are you using a vcv momo soft or a cv momo soft
[doublepost=1577113365][/doublepost]if youre ust is a vcv ust, you will need to use momo soft vcv voice bank, if its a cv ust, you will need to use momo soft cv.

Plastery

Momo's Minion
I am Using Lt. Shione v2 Normal right now but when I use momo soft no sound comes out either. This is the download link for momo. http://bowlroll.net/up/dl38844 The download link for shione is https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QbgQ9-C_jpDMbqQML3xQO0wS4vWLzso2
I do not know if it is VCV or CV. I am new to this.
[doublepost=1577114126][/doublepost]
cant see the images, and are you using a vcv momo soft or a cv momo soft
[doublepost=1577113365][/doublepost]if youre ust is a vcv ust, you will need to use momo soft vcv voice bank, if its a cv ust, you will need to use momo soft cv.

Would Bad Apple Be Considered A VCV format of a song?
I am extremely lost.

Last edited:

Mizupan

Momo's Minion
Add my discord, ill explain it to you Cal#3995 and if you don't have discord I could explain here

Mizupan

Momo's Minion
so you're deff trying to use momo soft vcv on a cv ust, but momo soft cv voice bank is currently down so you cant get it. id recommend just not using her for it, or you could watch yuunari's video on plugins and download the cv to vcv converter, that should work.
[doublepost=1577115914][/doublepost]i know how confusing this stuff is at first, but you will get a hand of it. I'm still learning myself lol

Reactions: partial

Plastery

Momo's Minion
what about shione is it the same for her to?
[doublepost=1577116165][/doublepost]The CV to VCV is not working. Is there a CV Bank for momo. Also, for Sukone Tei when I tested her out on VCV it work as well as the CV version.

Mizupan

Momo's Minion
there is a cv bank, its currently not working (it takes u to your internet provider website) so idk what to tell u :sad:, mabey substitute her for a different cv utauloid? most utauloids are cv lol

Plastery

Momo's Minion
Basically I chose the two UTAUloids that currently are having problems? What a coincidence.
[doublepost=1577116535][/doublepost]Thank You for All of your Help:wink::smile:

Mizupan

Momo's Minion
np! momone momo cv is uh... shes tough lol! cv voice banks sound alot more robotic that vcv utauloids. theres many video on them i encourage you to watch :uhuhu:

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
First, let's talk about how to tell the difference between CV and VCV voicebanks.
You can check the oto.ini file of any UTAU you have opened for your project by going to Tools(T) > Voice Bank Settings(S).
upload_2019-12-23_16-48-40.png

A CV (single sound) voicebank will have an oto that looks like this.
Note the names in the .wav file column. They're all single sounds, like ちゃ (cha), じぇ(je), etc.
It's also very common to see these names in the alias column.
upload_2019-12-23_16-41-29.png

CV stands for [C]onsonant [V]owel.
か(ka). K is the C, and a is the V.

So to write the word ありがと (arigato) in CV, it'd be...
[あ] [り] [が] [と]

The names in the .wav column of the oto editor can be anything.
It's really the alias (alternate name) that counts.
If the alias column is blank, then UTAU will use the names in the .wav column directly.
UTAU can use either column, though. So it is possible to have romaji wav files (ka.wav, ki.wav, ku.wav, etc) with hiragana aliases (か, き, く, etc) and entering either name into a note will call the same wav file.

For other voicebank types such as VCV, the wav file names are usually in strings like かかきかくけか.wav, and aliased like [- か] [a か] [a き] [i か] [a く] [u け] [e か].
Since VCV is one long wav set up into a series of small segments, you should not use the name in the .wav column in a note. More on VCV below!

VCV (continuous sound) is [V]owel [C]onsonant [V]owel.
Take a close look at the alias column in this VCV voicebank's oto.
upload_2019-12-23_16-45-36.png

VCV works by overlapping the vowel from the next note into the vowel of the previous note.
ありがと (arigato) becomes
[- あ] [a り] [i が] [a と]

We use - before the first あ because it comes after a rest.

Your question of Bad Apple being a VCV song is: no, it isn't. It's CV.
I see in your OP you were originally going to use Lt. Her website lists her Veil VB as 'normal', so I'm going to assume that's the VB you're talking about. It is a VCV voicebank.
upload_2019-12-23_17-4-10.png

So to use Lt. with the Bad Apple UST, you need to convert it from CV to VCV.

For converting CV USTs to VCV (or VCV back to CV!), I highly recommend iroiro2.
Information on iroiro2 in the spoiler.
You can convert the UI to English by following the steps in this image.
Clicking the 4th button will close the plugin. When you open it again, it'll be in English.
upload_2019-12-23_16-57-18.png

To convert Bad Apple from CV to VCV, you need to select all the notes (CTRL A will do it, if you want a keyboard shortcut!), go to Tools(T) > Plugins(N), 僕の考えた最強のry.
upload_2019-12-23_17-6-59.png

Then go to CV⟶VCV.
upload_2019-12-23_17-8-18.png
Using iroiro2 is pretty straightforward, but if you have questions about it or anything else in my reply feel free to get in touch with me and I'll help however I can!

Last edited:
Reactions: tetodash