Noise in my voicebank? Not sure if oto, resampler, or recordings

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
Ohai! I need some help. My new voicebank "Mi Minami APPLE" sounds weird on some notes. I've checked my recordings and I don't hear any noise in them. This was my first time recording a power append so I'm not 100% sure if it's my recordings or not. It seems to freak out on notes like "cho" "so" "to" and some others too. I'm really not sure what's causing the issue. I use fresamp but have tried moresampler and tn_fnds and they all have similar issues. I've only noticed it on a few USTs, the song I released her with was fine.
Is it her oto, recordings or the resampler? D:
How do I fix it? I really want to fix it >.<
I'd really appreciate if someone helped me pinpoint the issue!
Here's an example of the issues I've been having and another
Her showcase

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What resampler is this in the example? moresampler?

This isn't noise, it's rendering distortion. I mean it could be caused by something going on in the samples too.

If you want you can send me the vb and ust and I can look into it for you.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
What resampler is this in the example? moresampler?

This isn't noise, it's rendering distortion. I mean it could be caused by something going on in the samples too.

If you want you can send me the vb and ust and I can look into it for you.
I was using fresamp ^^ sorry forgot to mention that
[doublepost=1481684012][/doublepost]Here's the voicebank and UST

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It is most definitely possible that it could be an frq issue.

I'll go ahead and inspect the vb to confirm for you.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sorry about the wait!
I went ahead and edited all of your samples and created frequency tables for every resampler that is available. It should now work almost flawlessly in most of them.

It appears that you VB works best with fresamp14, fresamp11, tips, and moresampler.
tn_fnds and w4u don't seem to work very well even with the edits.

I uploaded the edited version of your bank to my web server, you can download it at: http://dynamivox.com/pub_files/Mi Minami APPLE --EDIT--.zip

I suggest renaming the edited VB's folder as to not confuse it for the original copy, or else it will overwrite the original when you save it to your voice folder. Unless you want it to replace the original which is totally up to you.

Last edited:

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
Sorry about the wait!
I went ahead and edited all of your samples and created frequency tables for every resampler that is available. It should now work almost flawlessly in most of them.

It appears that you VB works best with fresamp14, fresamp11, tips, and moresampler.
tn_fnds and w4u don't seem to work very well even with the edits.

I uploaded the edited version of your bank to my web server, you can download it at: http://dynamivox.com/pub_files/Mi Minami APPLE --EDIT--.zip

I suggest renaming the edited VB's folder as to not confuse it for the original copy, or else it will overwrite the original when you save it to your voice folder. Unless you want it to replace the original which is totally up to you.
AAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 I really appreciate it!

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Last edited:
Reactions: LilyoftheValley