[NOOB QUESTION] Voice set report? is this normal?

Ardesite53

Teto's Territory
every time i load up UTAU or a new voice bank. this appears.
Screenshot_79.png

is this normal? or is it a big deal?

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's normal. It just tells that * あ/* い/* う/* え/* お/* ん setting means that sound this a/i/u/e/o/n sounds has longer overlap. Default voice (Defoko) has two different kind of settings for vowels and sound "n": "normal" setting and that one which has more overlap. * あ is that one which has more overlap. If the word has vowel or "n" sound at middle, utau will use in Defoko's case * あ one because more overlap=vowel/n sound sounds smoother (sorry if my explain is confusing).

Reactions: Ardesite53

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
It's the thing that tells you about high overlap values. It's completely normal, and not a big deal imo. What I do need to ask is if you downloaded the English Version from the official site. The reason I ask is because you might not be running the English one, since the content would be in English if it were. You might want to check that if you need the English Version.

Reactions: Ardesite53

Ardesite53

Teto's Territory
It's normal. It just tells that * あ/* い/* う/* え/* お/* ん setting means that sound this a/i/u/e/o/n sounds has longer overlap. Default voice (Defoko) has two different kind of settings for vowels and sound "n": "normal" setting and that one which has more overlap. * あ is that one which has more overlap. If the word has vowel or "n" sound at middle, utau will use in Defoko's case * あ one because more overlap=vowel/n sound sounds smoother (sorry if my explain is confusing).
oh so it's normal whew.. well i kinda didn't understand the explanation since i didin't coupe up with vowels yet. srry. thanks for the help anyway :3
[doublepost=1460622635][/doublepost]
It's the thing that tells you about high overlap values. It's completely normal, and not a big deal imo. What I do need to ask is if you downloaded the English Version from the official site. The reason I ask is because you might not be running the English one, since the content would be in English if it were. You might want to check that if you need the English Version.
not pretty sure.... but when i like first installed UTAU it is in english amd i installed the english res to UTAU again. oh well time to re-download it. thanks anyway

Last edited:

Ardesite53

Teto's Territory
if you downloaded it from here and the version number matches the latest one, then there's no need to worry.
actually already did after you first replied to me. so last night i downloaded the japanese version all along and installed the translation pack.
i actaully didin't know there was a official englsih release (i was stupid eeeeeeuughhhh).i installed the official english release now. thanks for the help :3