Not quite new at this forum, but I need your opinion about my UTAU(I´m new in UTAU)

Elin

Teto's Territory
Hello!
You may have seen me in few other threads, and I just wanted to say that the reason I may not have been responding on your messages is because I have Aspergers syndrome and can´t focus not very often(I´m sorry for that), so I hope I make myself clear in this post.
Anyway, my birthday is the 7th january and my plan was to release my UTAU on that date.
My VB and Concept art for my character is done.
But I want to know how I can Improve both VB and Concept art BEFORE my Birthday.
Is that possible?
I´m done with aliasing and otoing and don´t know what to do next, my UTAU sings but sound quite robotic and non-fluent sometimes.
And lastly I want to know what you think.
Here´s both Concept art and Samples of my UTAU voice:
My plan is to first release VB and then Concept art.

my unamed UTAU design.png

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
(hi there fellow aspie)
I presume it is your first vb ever - you really don't have to make a perfect voicebank on your first try, not even the second or third. There is always gonna be a way to improve, so try to be calm about your vb's imperfection. For the robotic-ness - overally I guess it's your microphone's fault? I mean, the samples are somewhat muffled. I think the oto is quite fine, but I never seen it so I can't really tell.
For this cover tho, I think the robotic sound comes from the fact that the harmonies are in the wrong octave, so it sounds a bit off.
Also I really like your character's design, the cryptonloid aesthetic is my jam.
Maybe you would like me to help you a bit with the vb? I can check the oto if you want.

Elin

Teto's Territory
Kind of you to answer me, I first thought that I may have been awkward after I posted this thread!(Very low self esteem, or whatever we call it in english.)
Yes, it´s my first VB, well not really... I have been practicing before but never made it public here before.
Well, for being honest about the mic, it´s actually a mic for gaming chatting! (I didn´t know what type of mic I should choose though.)
The reason why it´s an octave lower is because my original human-voice is low for my age and gender(people have been called my voice a boy´s voice, although I´m a girl), and I thought that It would be nice with a deep female(?)voice, but I understand what you mean.
Oh! You mean the harmonies(background vocals???)you´re absolutly right about that!
This was just a test cover for you to hear.
That´s really nice of you, gladly!
I will see if I can do it right, I´m not sure how to send an OTO.
But I´m definetly give it a try!
Thank you so much! :smile:

Attachments

• oto.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 2

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm sorry I didn't state it clearly, but to work around with the oto I need your voicebank's wav files and frq files. The link works fine, so you can send it this way, but this time the whole voicebank.
I'm not experienced in buying a mic - I can't even recommend you my own mic, because it's an old headset that my dad got years ago, from a store that actually stopped being located in my country - it's pure luck that it works fine. I have a guitar hero mic, but it's super sensitive, I made a vb with it that sounded... fine, but it's terrible if I want to record my own singing.
However there are tons of threads about mics on this forum! And on the internet too. You don't really have to buy something amazingly expensive - for me, the only thing that matters it's how much of background noise your mic picks up. Built-in laptop mics pick up the most noise generally, then are the cheapest mics, and so on, so on.
If you wanna change your vb's tone, don't change the placement of the notes - instead, use the "g" flag. It can make the voice sound lower or higher without messing with the right octave. Many people always use their vb's with using the designated flag. You can just state to use the right flags in your readme file.

Elin

Teto's Territory
Oh, I see!
Then I have a question about the wav and frq files, you know, we can take Defoko for example(don´t know how it´s for the other popular UTAU´s): her voice sounds the same in the "Property of voicebank" and in the inputted lyrics, mine doesn´t.
My UTAU's voice in "Property of voicebank" sounds like me.
Very stupid question, but should it be that way?
Plus, the VB is to large, I have to upload it somewhere else?

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Defoko is a "special case", as her voice wasn't directly recorded by a person for this utau specifically - it was recorded by a person, sure, but for a voice synthesizer called AquesTalk. I mean, it's like if you used google translate to say the lines, and then just make a vb out of them. So that why it sounds so simular. In everyone else's case - the voice you hear in "property of voicebank" is indeed your unedited recording. When you put it through utau, or should I say, the resampler you are using, it converts itself... to a more unnatural tone, but yeah, that's how voice synthesizers work.
You can upload your files on... basically any file-storage site - mediafire, google drive, mega, dropbox, the list goes on. There's also vocalsynth.cloud, a site designated for uploading stuff related to vocal synthesizers. Just remember to zip the file. :smile:
If you have any other questions, I can try answering them, no problem, but there's a lot of resources on this site and many other utau-related sites. Additionaly, maybe try asking someone from Sweden/who knows swedish, who would explain some things to you? (I am in no way complaining about your english, there's nothing wrong with it, but from personal experience, I know that sometimes it is nice to have things explained to you in a 100% understandable way, and not like, 90% :P )