notes overlapping after importing MIDI made in FL Studio

mykhailoid

Momo's Minion
hi! I'm MIDI'ing in FL Studio (I don't know other methods so coping like that (if it's coping)) and when I'm trying to import MIDIs from it to UTAU (in my case, OpenUTAU), as you can see, notes are overlapping each other, though I check every note in FL Studio to not overlap anything.

as you can see - some notes are transparent which means cannot be played, and in result, it sounds really weird. what should I do?

1661125045200.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's likely that the notes were already overlapping when you made the midi in the first place. You should check on your project in FL studio.

Reactions: mykhailoid

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
You might be able to get a quick fix by going to Notes>Quantize to 1/128 or Notes>Quantize to 1/64

mykhailoid

Momo's Minion
It's likely that the notes were already overlapping when you made the midi in the first place. You should check on your project in FL studio.
they're not, that's why I said I check every note. it happens right when I import it into UTAU. or it seems like I don't understand something
1661168908173.png
1661169006658.png
Post automatically merged:

You might be able to get a quick fix by going to Notes>Quantize to 1/128 or Notes>Quantize to 1/64
it actually works! but most of the notes don't "connect" between each other after this, and moving them only breaks everything

mykhailoid

Momo's Minion
resolved by making notes in FL Studio way smaller just to mark where a new syllable starts, then stretching them in UTAU manually. seems like it's more time consuming than carefully doing everything in FL, but at least it's importing correctly now
1661245684946.png

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
How do you export your MIDI from FL studio? I highly recommend exporting directly from the piano roll instead of using the MIDI export macro.
1661256006416.png