Notice: Server Upgrade & DNS Changes Completed (06/18/2022)

eVVGfR8.png

Update: Server Migration & DNS Changes Completed. If you are reading this message then your DNS has successfully updated and now points to the new server. If your friends can not see this message then they are still on the old server. If their DNS doesn't update automatically within the next few hours they may need to flush their DNS.

On Saturday June 18th UtaForum will be going into maintenance mode so I can do a server rebuild. I was in a bit of a rush during our last extended downtime and I mis-configured our current server. If I can't fix the issues with a rebuild I will need to do a migration to a new properly configured. Length of the maintenance will depend on the success of my server redeployment. If I can do an in-place rebuild it should only take a couple hours. If it requires me to spin up a totally new server to replace our current one it may take additional time for the new DNS to propagate.

Thanks for your patience, and hey, at least I remembered to schedule this one and won't be forgetting to use maintance mode in XenForo so we shouldn't have any desynch issues.

Last edited:

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
haha that day is my birthday
Any other EN forums, BBS or imageboards centered around UTAU? If there isn't, then I should absolutely make an imageboard soon.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
haha that day is my birthday
Any other EN forums, BBS or imageboards centered around UTAU? If there isn't, then I should absolutely make an imageboard soon.
We used to have a doodle image board but no one used it and it was hard to maintain so we dropped it 5-6 years ago.

Otherwise, the only other English-speaking UTAU-dedicated community I know is https://www.reddit.com/r/utau/

Plus of course the various Discord servers.

Also, the maintenance is done. If you can read this you are on our new VPS because I couldn't fix the old one.

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
We used to have a doodle image board but no one used it and it was hard to maintain so we dropped it 5-6 years ago.

Otherwise, the only other English-speaking UTAU-dedicated community I know is https://www.reddit.com/r/utau/

Plus of course the various Discord servers.

Also, the maintenance is done. If you can read this you are on our new VPS because I couldn't fix the old one.
sucks
yeah it's fixed, I noticed it being faster, too
I guess the imageboard will have to be made, discord really is cancer and a black hole for information, and I wouldn't touch reddit with even a shed skin cell
I'll get to it after I'm done properly setting up my two other websites