obscure/ forgotten older utaus recommendations ?

mi1chi(defoko #1 fan !!!!

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ive been looking for old/ forgotten utaus lately n ive been hoping that maybe i could get some recommendations here (?)
just aslong as they still have a working download link lol

Reactions: Big_B

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Speedy Torane is pretty much forgotten and almost all utaforum vbs aren't really that used by utau community in general.

Reactions: SneezyEevee

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Although Momo Momone is far from forgotten, and far from obscure, I don't know how much longer the few archives left are going to last, and if I recall correctly, some sets may actually be lost media.
All the momolabo links shown on the UTAU Fandom entry are dead, which includes all of these:
1650587898708.png
The Internet Archive and its Wayback Machine is of no help, either.
The Twitter account hasn't had any activity since 2015
All so far, here's everything I could find of voicebank materials:
The """temporary""" download mirror (incomplete).
The fandom entry seen in the image above. Everything that's not in the image are still active
The atwiki that leads you to the """temporary""" mirror. See if you can poke around. Any momolabo.lolipop.jp links are dead, firefox mentions no server located. A few scraps left in the wayback machine, but nothing to write home about.

Currently, it appears that what is active is on stable ground (Bowlroll and MEGA from the fandom, and the current mirror), but everything can happen at once. As far as I know, anything on the momolabo links is lost media.
As for the voice provider, twitter is protected, appears Momoko's a mother now.
Perhaps some japanese plonker still has those files, but if so, good luck www
I'd gather as time goes on, Momo's gonna become more and more forgotten and withered, so I'd say archiving things now are importiant.

Edit: For shits and giggles I tried searching it up on yandex (Switch to it! DDG, Google, Bing, and all those other engines suck!) to see if any russian pals archived anything, no luck, only songs and this page which appeared when searching in english anyhoo
Post automatically merged:

Speedy Torane is pretty much forgotten and almost all utaforum vbs aren't really that used by utau community in general.
True, it's the few big ones that are usually used. Still doesn't prevent voice data from being lost from those either.
I guess when it comes to finding obscure ones, just hit random a bunch of times and you'll stumble upon something wwwww

Last edited:

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
Hmm lemme think...

Lizett, there were a lot of covers using that voicebank some years ago but then they just stopped. OH and Neko Kanochi is a really nice one imo

I think it's pretty sad that more Utaus aren't being used. All the videos I ever see of Utau covers are of Mawarine Shuu (but im not complaining lol), Teto, Ritsu, Ritsu, also Ritsu, aaaand drumroll please---------RITSU. Don't get me wrong Ritsu is a really awesome Utau but I'd love to see people use different UTAUs so more of them get a chance in the limelight. So many people on here have made some mindblowing Utaus!