Off Vocal Request Thread

PuddingPuff

Teto's Territory
I'm sure it's all happened to us. We find a song that we love, and we get all excited at the thought of covering it, but to our dismay the producer never released the off vocal. So what do we do? Wait for the producer to maybe upload it?

I think, we can take this as an opportunity for people to be creative.

So this is it, an off vocal request thread for those songs you desperately want to cover, but can't. The purpose of this thread is so that other people in the community that are capable of composing music or using sound programs to vocal remove could perhaps consider making their own karaokes. It's both an opportunity to collaborate, and a way to make more people happy, don't you think?

Here are a few ground rules.

1. The off vocal MUST be unattainable.
Check Youtube, Nico, Piapro and even the producer's website if necessary. If it can be attained through public means, it can't be done.
(In extension, this also applies to off vocals that must be bought. Buying an off vocal is a public mean of attaining it, and therefore shouldn't be requested. That includes bonus tracks on albums, too.)

2. Don't request an off vocal with the mentality: "oh, it's been accepted. Awesome. Someone'll make a .ust of this eventually."
Nuh-uh.
Unless the off vocal is in high demand, you're requesting these off vocals so that YOU can cover with them. Which means you must be willing to put the effort towards making your own .ust. Otherwise you're wasting the composers patience and time.

3. Follow this formatting:

Name of Song: (Japanese and English/Romaji)
Music by: (Producer name)
Nico Link: (sm#)
Composition Aid: (Sheet music, fanmade MIDI, etc. *Optional.)
Further Detail: (Specify instruments, predicted difficulty, etc.)

Example

Name of Song: 落ちる (Fall)
Music by: HINATA Haruhana
Nico Link: sm15716751
Composition Aid: None.
Further Detail: With the exception of the vocals, it's piano accompaniment only.

4. You're encouraged to collaborate amongst yourselves and negotiate a trade off.
I can understand making an off vocal can be a LOT of work, so whether you'd like a bit of extra help, or maybe some sort of reward for your efforts, you can negotiate that here.

5. Don't request songs the producer doesn't want covered, and you must be willing to remove the off vocal if the producer demands it.
I don't know how likely this scenario is going to be, but if a producer didn't release an off vocal to purposely not have people cover it, don't request it. If the producer hasn't stated it until during production or after the fact, do them a favour and take the link down.

6. Credit the producer when you release the off vocal.
You don't want people getting the wrong idea, and then you get on people's bad sides, and let's not do that.

So I don't know if there's a problem with starting this thread, but please let me know if there is. :smile:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh my god, this is great! There's a song I made a UST for that doesn't have an off vocal.

Name of Song: AO~いつだってすぐ側に~ (AO~ Always By Your Side~)
Music by: Kumaris
Nico Link: sm17402177
Composition Aid: None
Further Detail: Seems complex

I'm just in love with this Aoki demo, so it would be great to be able to cover it.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think you should say either for someone to compose an off vocal OR for someone who has skills involving removing vocals with After Effects or Audition or whatever (I don't know what) to do it. Because I know if I had enough skills to replicate an off vocal I'd rather make my own song, and when I request on this thread I know I'm perfectly fine with vocal removed ones, even if you can still faintly hear the original voice.

(And I almost feel that songs like Aimai Elegy where the creator has purposely said "DO NOT COVER" should be mentioned...if there are any others. Not sure.)

THAT BEING SAID
Even though I'm unable to use UTAU right now, if someone removes Miku's vocals from this song I will get on it RIGHT AWAY. This is one of my all time favorite Vocaloid songs, but like many Miku techno songs it lacks an off vocal.
This is actually a remix, but the XIO version I think is far superior to the original. Neither have an off vocal, trust me, I looked long and hard many times.

Name of Song: Justify (XIO Remix)
Music by: cittan*, remix by XIO
Nico Link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm11603890
Further Detail: I HIGHLY recommend just doing vocal remove, unless you're skilled at trancecore or techno overall. Even just removing the vocals might be hard because her voice is well blended in. As long as you removed most of the vocals I'd be happy.

i will love anyone forever if they do this

PuddingPuff

Teto's Territory
shinami said:
(And I almost feel that songs like Aimai Elegy where the creator has purposely said "DO NOT COVER" should be mentioned...if there are any others. Not sure.)

Kind of mentioned in rule #5, although that rule only mentions it in the event that information is found out during production. I don't know too much about producers themselves, so I'm kind of depending on the people to know their stuff before requesting it.

shinami said:
I think you should say either for someone to compose an off vocal OR for someone who has skills involving removing vocals with After Effects or Audition or whatever (I don't know what) to do it. Because I know if I had enough skills to replicate an off vocal I'd rather make my own song, and when I request on this thread I know I'm perfectly fine with vocal removed ones, even if you can still faintly hear the original voice.

Vocal removal was something I hadn't thought about, but I'd also encourage that if it can be done relatively well. (I know I'd do it, if I could actually remove the vocals.)

I'll edit the thread.

And about how it would be more fruitful to just compose and original song, I get that the off vocal stuff would be a lot of work, so I don't know how successful this thread is really going to be. But as I mentioned in rule #4, people who are composing are able to request some sort of trade-off for their piece.
(It's not perfect, I know, but I've thought of this and tried to address it the best I can for 2am in the morning.)

Pasta Sings

Momo's Minion
I was wondering if requests are still being taken? If so....

Name of Song: MOTHER/MOTHER
Music by: 96neko
Nico Link: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20473791
Further Detail: With the exception of the vocals, it's piano accompaniment only.

I'm new to this site, but I'd love if you could help me. It's really important for me to get an off vocal/ piano cover of the backgound, so I can sing it to my mom.

I can't find an off vocal ANYWHERE. The only one I've seen at all was just the vocals quieted the slightest. Thanks in advance..