okay but what if UTAU imageboard

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
let us not forgor the birth of utau when a bunch of plonkers on the original imageboard decided to troll the japanese interwebz and some of them liked it so much they made an utau voicebank quite literally a few months after utau was made, legitimizing it as not just a crappy freeware vocaloid knockoff

Just throwing the idea out there, as this is not like LearnUTAU where trying to start one and keeping at it is a good idea.

Its anonymous no sign-up nature would make finding help a lot easier (the second-most easy thing, right below a LearnUTAU filled with content), as people don't need to go through the troubles of making an entire account just to ask a single question, never to speak again, saving storage space that would have been wasted on having users
It would allow more conscious people, people who prefer not to be noticed, to have a medium of interaction easily accessible, increasing the reach of the program
uhh

Okay, to be honest, I just want an UTAU imageboard, you would have the technical section, art section, put one for MMD stuff in there, quickly find people to collaborate with, ask for help, and most of all, imageboards are COOL.
However, I'm not about to just buy a server and start hosting UTAU-Channel without at least probing to see if people are interested in populating it with content.

Here are some worries I can think up and answer:
Mean people
- they would be allowed to exist. Unless they're deliberately derailing threads, posting inappropriate images, and generally making the board culture crap consistently, harsh insults and tasteful usage of slurs will be allowed. However, I believe this is a healthy option, as I believe the current generations, including myself, are becoming too incapable of handling adversity.

Downright illegal stuff - Moderated away, like every competent imageboard does. I'm not a fool, I'm not about to get my own entire setup shut down because someone decided to post something that would get me persecuted in all but the most deserted and lawless countries. Either the board will shut down while I'm asleep and unable to moderate, or I'll get some people to keep the site moderated 24/7. (Volunteer applications are open for that)

Po- - It wouldn't be allowed either.
It would be a blue board, no nsfw allowed. I actually do intend for children to be able to hang around here, so not even in text form. If you're asking why I would allow harsh language, that's because I don't consider harsh language to be as dangerous for children. I'm the kind that would make swear words a part of language learning in school, don't test me.

Children in general - They would, should moderation be successful, actually be *safer* than anywhere else an UTAU community would be! I am not joking when I say that. Links to major chatting apps and social sites would be banned, encouraging private conversation to either go through e-mail or something like Jami. Hell, might just set up some sort of XMPP server to have moderated private messaging. If the site does become a space to pick up children, and banning perpetrators becomes unsustainable, I'll just shut down the imageboard and say it was a good run.
As someone who was unfortunately corruputed by the internet, but has the self-awareness to practically reverse the effects and be able to spot what corrupts children, I will be able to set policies and build the site to prevent other children from meeting this unfortunate end, for they may not be able to recover. Can we get an F in chat for my mental health?
It's either a safe space for children to focus on UTAU, or it is dead. I take this promise very seriously.

I do believe UTAU-Channel could be a good thing in the long run, but first, I want to see support for it before I start working on it.
If I don't, I'll most likely create an imageboard later and include an UTAU section.

Lastly, 4chan is the way Yotsuba Channel is because it is neglected. I will not neglect it, and if I end up neglecting it, I'll shut it down.