Oldest vs. Most Recent Covers?

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Woohoo I'm making one of these! Show me your UTAU progress!

Here's my first cover, with an UTAU I called Z1A

With this cover, I actually did have a crappy logitech mic, and I did know how to use noise removal on the samples right off the bat. My R's were completely American though, and the bank was un-otoed, without FRQ files. That's why some of the samples like 'da' and 'su' sound so horrific. Also the mixing really sucks rip in pieces.

Now, we have my most recent cover, which features my best friend's UTAU, Rizu!

The very obvious improvements are that I have a VCV bank with FRQs and an oto, and that I have a better quality mic now. Other than this, I'm now using FL to mix instead of Audacity, even though my mixing still is not the best. (I need better headphones hot damn-) My voice in general has also improved a lot, along with me pronouncing things a lot better! I'm proud of Uzu ouob

Post replies with your stuff! I wanna see your improvement!

Reactions: Cupcake

Skiyoshi 十三

Lotus#12915
Defender of Defoko
I did a comparison recently, but uploaded to clyp since I never released the first cover.
https://clyp.it/yg0z5fzp

My first UTAU was made with my computer's built in mic. I recorded WAY too softly for it, lol. My mixing didn't get better, pfff. Oh well. But I did get more confident so now my utau doesn't sound as weird.

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I did a comparison recently, but uploaded to clyp since I never released the first cover.
https://clyp.it/yg0z5fzp

My first UTAU was made with my computer's built in mic. I recorded WAY too softly for it, lol. My mixing didn't get better, pfff. Oh well. But I did get more confident so now my utau doesn't sound as weird.
Wow that's some improvement! I love your new bank!

Cupcake

Talk-A-Lot
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Still early to post anything from me lol.
But for now my goal is to make a CV Multipitch. I'll be sure to post my first cover once it meets some kind of standards lol

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hehe this is one of my first covers I made with Asereth CV, I searched everything about how to make a UTAU but still didn't fully understand how to use it, Asereth CV was oto'ed without FRQ. Files, and I recorded him with my laptops mic...

This is a MMD model of him, a friend of mine made it
Haha and we were having problems spelling my own UTAU's name xD that's why it says (Areseth)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this him right now, Asereth V2 (VCV), the V1 was a total failure, I used my laptops mic too...

I think I've improved like a lot...
And this is my most recent bank, Asereth MATURE append....

LunarConstruct

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Alright so my old UTAU was named Tsuki Hikari (literally the weebiest name ever) and she was terrible
I recorded her in 2010 on my laptops built in microphone... and literally had no idea what I was doing. she didn't have any otos at all, and the tutorial that I used to make her told me to put "tremolo" (basically vibrato) on all of the samples - it sounded terrible but I went with it ;; Here was her first cover:

Aaaaaaand this is my newest bank!! Merisdae is a newer version of Tsuki who is much more developed both as a character and as an UTAU. she was recorded on a citronic CM1 cardioid condenser microphone and she is going to be huge!!! 101 total banks to record ^^; but here's her English:

and her Japanese:

She will also have French and Korean, but I don't have any complete samples for them yet ^^;

You can check out her official thread here :3c shamelessly self promotes

EDIT: Oh gosh I was on mobile and forgot to actually put the link lmaoooo http://utaforum.net/threads/merisdae-act-4-official-thread.11744/

Last edited:

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Hehe this is one of my first covers I made with Asereth CV, I searched everything about how to make a UTAU but still didn't fully understand how to use it, Asereth CV was oto'ed without FRQ. Files, and I recorded him with my laptops mic...

This is a MMD model of him, a friend of mine made it
Haha and we were having problems spelling my own UTAU's name xD that's why it says (Areseth)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this him right now, Asereth V2 (VCV), the V1 was a total failure, I used my laptops mic too...

I think I've improved like a lot...
And this is my most recent bank, Asereth MATURE append....

wow if i'm to be completely honest all those covers sound really good, but I can tell you've improved!

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Alright so my old UTAU was named Tsuki Hikari (literally the weebiest name ever) and she was terrible
I recorded her in 2010 on my laptops built in microphone... and literally had no idea what I was doing. she didn't have any otos at all, and the tutorial that I used to make her told me to put "tremolo" (basically vibrato) on all of the samples - it sounded terrible but I went with it ;; Here was her first cover:

Aaaaaaand this is my newest bank!! Merisdae is a newer version of Tsuki who is much more developed both as a character and as an UTAU. she was recorded on a citronic CM1 cardioid condenser microphone and she is going to be huge!!! 101 total banks to record ^^; but here's her English:

and her Japanese:

She will also have French and Korean, but I don't have any complete samples for them yet ^^;

You can check out her official thread here :3c shamelessly self promotes

OH MY GOD that improvement though WOW!!!

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't have any really old stuff (from like 2010) off hand but I do have stuff from like a little over a year ago...(think like a year and a half almost)

and more recently:

not as big of an improvement as I would really like, but oh well lol.

maybe I should find some of my really old stuff to compare to

EDIT:
I found one thing on my SC that was uploaded just for this purpose lol:

My fist CV bank that I actually otoed and put time into, from 2010.

Reactions: JAY

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Ooooooooh~ This is a clear comparison since it's the same song, and this is one of the earlier covers I found T u T9
Before(2014)

To now

I basically learned from the mixing god on how to mix T u T9

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Ooooooooh~ This is a clear comparison since it's the same song, and this is one of the earlier covers I found T u T9
Before(2014)

To now

I basically learned from the mixing god on how to mix T u T9

omFG THAT DIFFERENCE
//please teach me i need help-

Reactions: Kitcat190

chibiveggie

Teto's Territory
This wasn't my first cover ever but it was my first cover with my UTAU, which was done June 2013.
Oldest:

This one was done March 2016:

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
This wasn't my first cover ever but it was my first cover with my UTAU, which was recorded the first day I installed UTAU. The first cover with Rizu was done a month after I installed UTAU.
Oldest:

Newest:

the oldest one isn't working but I LITERALLY AM OBSESSED WITH THAT ECLIPSE COVER I LISTEN TO IT ALL THE TIME

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
The first UTAU cover I ever made was this cover of Formalin Sea that I did with Diipu Sakasamane that I never really posted anywhere...
https://clyp.it/ktljaul3

The problem with me comparing covers is that I've been working on mostly original songs these days, so my latest "real" UTAU cover is from like...last year. Unless you wanna count that Underloid cover I did of ECHO WHICH IS STILL GAINING LIKES AND NOBODY NOTICES MY OTHER STUFF LIKE THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF.

Probably the most accurate indicator of me getting better at mixing and tuning would be my latest original songs (The Final Day onwards).

Reactions: JAY