One language or Multilingual voicebanks?

Choose:

• 1 language / VB

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 2 or more languages / VB

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

Aura Autumnus

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
(I posted this somewhere else but I need several opinions on this)

I would like to discuss the pros and cons of both options.
For example: They might cover many languages, but not sound so native?
What do you think? As the type of "reclister" I am, this is very important.
You'd make me a favour if you could discuss the issue.

PS: You don't need to think of ÑAL.
Do you prefer Luka JP and ENG separately
or you're more of something like MAIKA?

cute.jpg

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My voicebanks alone don't sound native japanese because in Denmark ro and ru is the same freaking sound as it is rou.
So Just alone is already a failure xD

I like system so i prefer seperated QwQ

Aura Autumnus

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
My voicebanks alone don't sound native japanese because in Denmark ro and ru is the same freaking sound as it is rou.
So Just alone is already a failure xD

I like system so i prefer seperated QwQ
Well, if it doesn't sound native to you already, what do you miss by adding phonemes? xD

CRTブラック

Darkness Incarnate
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Since I am planning on never really singing but making a voiceback I guess I prefer ones with many languages.

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
"It's practice" not when yo spend 18 years saying OU and E became AE xD but AE is how the japanese says E anyway xD

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
I favor which ever is more convenient at the time, really,, although having compatibility for two languages in one voicebank takes up a lot of space. If it is multilingual, I think I would prefer it to be in X-sampa or something, to avoid confusion. And not sounding native is fine, accents are accepted and embraced.

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I favor which ever is more convenient at the time, really,, although having compatibility for two languages in one voicebank takes up a lot of space. If it is multilingual, I think I would prefer it to be in X-sampa or something, to avoid confusion. And not sounding native is fine, accents are accepted and embraced.
I'm glad you say that. Because honestly, you only noticed it around o u sound that it was OU xD

But the funny is I can fluent American english xD
So I should not have the problems xD but I have xD

Reactions: ExistenceReaper

Sylveranty

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
For myself, I prefer a multilingual voicebank. It does have its cons though.
Because one has to keep adding phonems, the reclist can grow very long - and the voicebank really big. The current voicebank I'm working on is a mess, but already 1 GB big - with the base pitch having recordings for German, English, and French, as well as a few extensions for other languages (mainly additional consonants, but there are 3 extra vowels I'm planning to record as well if I can get them right), and two other testing pitches only having the German recordings.

What I'm meaning to say here is that not everyone can download or has space for voicebanks so big. Monolingual voicebanks have the advantage of being smaller in size, making it easier to make multipitch or multiappend voicebanks while still being 'moderate' in size.

On the other hand, the similarities in phonemes between e.g. German and French are - in my opinion - so big that I'm way to lazy to record a separate French voicebank xD

CRTブラック

Darkness Incarnate
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What I'm meaning to say here is that not everyone can download or has space for voicebanks so big. Monolingual voicebanks have the advantage of being smaller in size, making it easier to make multipitch or multiappend voicebanks while still being 'moderate' in size.
Good Point.

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
I'm glad you say that. Because honestly, you only noticed it around o u sound that it was OU xD

But the funny is I can fluent American english xD
So I should not have the problems xD but I have xD
What's you're native language, if you don't mind me asking?

Aura Autumnus

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
For myself, I prefer a multilingual voicebank. It does have its cons though.
Because one has to keep adding phonems, the reclist can grow very long - and the voicebank really big. The current voicebank I'm working on is a mess, but already 1 GB big - with the base pitch having recordings for German, English, and French, as well as a few extensions for other languages (mainly additional consonants, but there are 3 extra vowels I'm planning to record as well if I can get them right), and two other testing pitches only having the German recordings.

On the other hand, the similarities in phonemes between e.g. German and French are - in my opinion - so big that I'm way to lazy to record a separate French voicebank xD

*cries in French* for example, the vccv recorded in oremo has a lot of blank space and that occupies a lot. and then it depends on how many samples you include there.
[doublepost=1474290896][/doublepost]

X-SAMPA FTW!!!
[doublepost=1474290936][/doublepost]
What's you're native language, if you don't mind me asking?
Esperanto lol