-OPEN AGAIN!-【JOIN UTAU HUMAN PROJECT!】Member Applications! +Details

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
~NEW EDIT #4: RE-OPENED!~

Hey everyone! The application for UHP are open again! Unfortunately, we've kept our doors closed for tuning and voice manipulation. Sorry about that! Right now, this is only for artists, animators, and musicians.

Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------​

For art, animation, PV creation, etc., Follow this form!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...qced480owmccVUdHptNk8pA1E7Og/viewform?c=0&w=1

For music production, mixing, lyric writing, voice providers, etc., Follow this form!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...8bztAerWX1EO3qVKn373KVm1XczA/viewform?c=0&w=1

Please note that if you are accepted, there COULD be a follow-up test just to prove if the work is original or not.

You may apply for both if you'd like!

This year is the year that UHP tries more experimental projects, and we hope to be more active and entertaining than before!

If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to ask! <3
There are further details in the forms as well!

*EDIT #1*

UHP APPLICATIONS – FAQ

Q: Are there deadlines for the applications?

A:
The applications will be open until June 20th at 10 PM EST!

Q: Is it possible to do one-time participation in the project? I'd like to try it out, but I don't exactly want to sign everything on it.

A:
This is fine! You don’t have to apply in order to do a one-time collaboration. However, you will not be considered a member of UHP. You are not allowed to tag yourself as UHP either. But, you will be credited for whatever work you’ve done in that specific project. These are more like requests, so there’s no guarantee that the request will be accepted!

Q: If we apply do we have to do all the things listed in the application? (For example, I can make music, but can't create USTs, or I can provide art but not animation, etc.)

A:
Of course not! The applications are for general reference, not specific reference!

-Art/Animation is art in general, from drawing and basic PV creation, to creating MMD models and 3d animations! All forms of art are accepted, even photography!

-
Music also covers music in general, any audio related work or composition. (This includes mixing, mastering, being a vocalist, lyricist, even simply making MIDIs, etc.)

Even if you are unsure, just fill out the form! We’re looking for anything you feel you can offer!

Q: Is the purpose of this project only realistic tuning? Do the members have to constantly experiment on ways to make UTAUloids sound more human?

A:
UHP used to be about experimenting with tuning and whatnot, but now we are expanding to become more of music/media group. We now make things like original songs, art, and create UTAU voicebanks. We've also expanded to other voice synthesizers like Vocaloid and Cevio.

Q: Do you have to be available at all times? Especially for me, as a student, I would get rather busy until holiday and stuff.

A: We do our best to cater to every member’s schedule, so there's always a lot of time to work on projects. We rarely ever give deadlines. Time management and issues like that are very understandable; we are in school too! We get it!

Any time you're available is when you are available! If you're working on something for the project, you can take breaks and work as you feel you should. As long as it isn't too unreasonable, like being inactive for an excessive amount of time when asked to do something and/or not having an explanation.

Q: How long until results of new members come out?

A: We will contact you after you've sent in an application personally! If you aren't contacted by the time we close the forms, it means that unfortunately, we didn't accept your application(s). Please don't get discouraged, as we are always encouraging everyone to practice, improve, and do well in this community! We wish each and every one of you the best of luck in whatever you hope to accomplish! <3

We have a public list that includes the names and info on our official members!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CPjnIPQggi69vUou1SXfx5uXkMVX9E5TPS-wb8Y10fo/edit?usp=sharing

It will be updated every time there is a member, so please check it from time to time, as it's constantly changing!

Thank you so very much!
-UHP

Info about the future of UHP and our official youtube channel:

Last edited:

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Are there deadlines for these applications or are the applications available anytime?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Is it possible to do one time participation in some project? I'd like to try it out, but I don't exactly want to sign everything on it.

Reactions: VocAddict

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Is it possible to do one time participation in some project? I'd like to try it out, but I don't exactly want to sign everything on it.

Of course it is! You wouldn't have to apply to do so; we consider these as collaborations! So you could work on one or two things with the group without being an official member by request!

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Sheba

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
If we apply do we have to do all the things listed in the application (〃ω〃)? (for example; i can tune/mix but can't create UST's, and I can provide art but not animation, etc (´;ω;`) )

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
So if we've never done animating or a pv, can we still apply for artist?

And I'd also like to ask the following : what about the lyrics ? Because I've clicked on the form linked below it but it's mostly music composition in itself, I don't find lyrics part =S

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
If we apply do we have to do all the things listed in the application (〃ω〃)? (for example; i can tune/mix but can't create UST's, and I can provide art but not animation, etc (´;ω;`) )

You don't have to do all the things listed, just state what exactly you do intend to do! Thank you for the interest!
[doublepost=1490030340][/doublepost]
So if we've never done animating or a pv, can we still apply for artist?

Of course! The artist application is not limited to animation/PV. It is art in general!
[doublepost=1490030460][/doublepost]
And I'd also like to ask the following : what about the lyrics ? Because I've clicked on the form linked below it but it's mostly music composition in itself, I don't find lyrics part =S

Sorry for the form being kind of vague! Music composition includes all elements of music in general. If you specialize in lyrics/melodies, just state so in the form and provide your samples! Sorry for the confusion! I will edit the form according to what people ask!

(You can always edit your application at any time before it closes!)

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Is it fine to ask a question?
I've come across this UTAU-HUMAN PROJECT. I have a basic idea Try to make UTAU s sound human but other than that, is it like the members have to constantly experiment on ways to make UTAU s sound more human?

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Is it fine to ask a question?
I've come across this UTAU-HUMAN PROJECT. I have a basic idea Try to make UTAU s sound human but other than that, is it like the members have to constantly experiment on ways to make UTAU s sound more human?

It's fine to ask, of course!

UHP used to be about experimenting with tuning and whatnot, but now we are expanding to become more of music group. We now do things like original songs, art, and create UTAU voicebanks. We've also expanded to other voice synthesizers like Vocaloid and Cevio.

All the while, trying to make them sound human XD

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
do you have to be available at all times? because especially for me as a student, i would get rather busy until holiday and stuff ><

I do my best to cater to every members schedule, so there's always a lot of time to work on projects. I rarely ever give deadlines. The most strict I've ever been was when I gave someone a month to do one picture. Time management and issues like that ares very understandable; I'm in school too, so I get it!

Any time you're available is when you are available! If you're working on something for the project, you can take breaks and work as you feel you should. As long as it isn't too unreasonable, like being inactive for an excessive amount of time when asked to do something and/or not having an explanation.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I plan on applicating, but for now...

I talked with a japanese UTAU user and friend about the project, and I asked if he could give help with promoting the project for japanese people. He told me the opnions will probably be mixed on Japan, but gave me some advices to help you guys!

Well, every year on Nico Nico there is the UTAU festival...This year is the 4th year. He said it would be cool to make a video promoting the project (and using the tag) so more people can know about it! The event will happen between April,29 and May,14.

Oh, he also featured the project on his Twiter and VclFan diary:
https://twitter.com/kai20june/status/844376276634808321
https://vclfan.net/?m=diary&a=page_detail&target_c_diary_id=38105

He is also open for questions, however he has little time >< His twitter is @kai20june
You can talk English with him, he is actually a lot better than me with the language XD

-------------------------------------------

Now about me, I want to apply specifically as tuner and voice manipulation. Also would like to apply for mixing and maybe UST creation (I still take much time with USTs and I have lots of flaws so I am unsure).
Is it okay for me to apply even if I have not so much time always?

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

I talked with a japanese UTAU user and friend about the project, and I asked if he could give help with promoting the project for japanese people. He told me the opnions will probably be mixed on Japan, but gave me some advices to help you guys!

Well, every year on Nico Nico there is the UTAU festival...This year is the 4th year. He said it would be cool to make a video promoting the project (and using the tag) so more people can know about it! The event will happen between April,29 and May,14.

He is also open for questions, however he has little time >< His twitter is @kai20june
You can talk English with him, he is actually a lot better than me with the language XD

Now about me, I want to apply specifically as tuner and voice manipulation. Also would like to apply for mixing and maybe UST creation (I still take much time with USTs and I have lots of flaws so I am unsure).

Wow, thank you very much for doing this for the group~ We might consider the UTAU festival! :D

You can apply, no worries about timing! In one of the responses here I explained that UHP tries to work to everyone's schedule, so if you find my response to the timing question, it goes into detail about that!

If you'd like to apply, go ahead! If not, it's okay! It's understandable when there's deadlines and being busy.
[doublepost=1490157732,1490156287][/doublepost]

Annnnd I totally didn't realize you said I could speak English with him so I've probably made a fool of myself~ haha orz

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

◉EYERIS◉

I am okay
Defender of Defoko
quick question, I know this may sound a bit impatient (i am excited sorry ''OTL) But, How long until results of new members come out? (plus i do not want to see myself look at my email every 10 minutes xD) Sorry if i sound ruse again . . . .. ;;

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
quick question, I know this may sound a bit impatient (i am excited sorry ''OTL) But, How long until results of new members come out? (plus i do not want to see myself look at my email every 10 minutes xD) Sorry if i sound ruse again . . . .. ;;

It's fine, it doesn't sound impatient at all!

The results of the new members will slowly start to come after the end of this week. We will have the applications open for a month, until the 22nd of April. There are a few applicants that we know for sure we've accepted, and there are a few we feel need further evaluation before we make a decision. So for those individuals, they should receive emails and additional info throughout next week. A week or so after the 22nd of April, we will post the public list of members who got accepted!

So, you don't have to check your email at all until next week~ XD

If you don't get an email by the 22nd, it doesn't mean you weren't accepted! It could mean that we didn't make a decision until after the final vote.
Even if you don't get an email, be sure to look out for the public list for the final verdict!

Thank you!

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
so do you only ask certain members to do certain art/pv/mixing/tuning based on what skill you feel would be best for the project?

and how closely does everyone interact with eachother, and do people who are assigned art for example also get to dabble in tuning or mixing? so many questions XD

Reactions: kimchi-tan

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
so do you only ask certain members to do certain art/pv/mixing/tuning based on what skill you feel would be best for the project?

and how closely does everyone interact with eachother, and do people who are assigned art for example also get to dabble in tuning or mixing? so many questions XD

Once we have our chosen members, we'll most likely do volunteer projects. Whoever feels interested in proposals we give may be allowed to contribute! Sometimes, however, we will look for certain skills for certain projects!

We are working on how close everyone will interact, we will give all the members a chance to introduce themselves to each other and hopefully everyone will get along. We will organize group chats and servers for discussion. (Possibly discord?) Of course, we might pair up people to do projects. Maybe a big artist collab, or a mixed skill collab, etc.

For your second question:

Those who apply for multiple categories (Tuning, Music, Art, etc.) will be expected to do what they were accepted for. (For example, if they apply for music and tuning, but we only choose them for music, we won't ask them to tune anything.) Of course, they're free to tune and do whatever they want outside of the project. They just can't label it as part of UHP, as they weren't accepted for those works.

Sorry for the long-winded answer!