(OpenUtau) Waveform continuing beyond note boundary

anuja524

Momo's Minion
Hi, I've been trying to get OpenUtau up and running to get back into UTAU since upgrading to a new laptop but I've run into this issue with one of my voicebanks (image attached).

Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 7.43.18 PM.png

This problems persists with all samples for this voicebank. It hasn't happened with either of the other two banks I've tested. Adding multiple notes back to back results in the waveforms messing up and some notes going silent (even causing crashes). I oto'd this voicebank how I normally would using VLabeler and everything seems like it should be fine so I can't figure out why this could be happening. I've tried all kinds of different parameter combinations and nothing seems to affect it.

Any help appreciated!

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Hm, admittedly no parameters should do this. There's like one specific bug that sometimes happens with vlabeler that could be causing the crashes but ... are you able/willing to share the VB for troubleshooting?

Edit: It could also just be showing an old cache but it's weird it doesnt do it with other VBs

anuja524

Momo's Minion
Hm, admittedly no parameters should do this. There's like one specific bug that sometimes happens with vlabeler that could be causing the crashes but ... are you able/willing to share the VB for troubleshooting?

Edit: It could also just be showing an old cache but it's weird it doesnt do it with other VBs
Sorry for the super late reply. This is actually a jiinriki voicebank I used to use in UTAU so I don't think I should share it, but what's the one bug that causes crashes?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
If you update vlabeler to beta8 or later and resave/export the project it should fix any entries that broke. The one bug that causes crashes is localised to the WORLDLINER render mode it turns out, so if you use CLASSIC mode and a resampler it shouldn't crash anymore. It's about it not handling illegal oto settings (eg no space in the sample to stretch, end of sound marker before start of sound marker, preutterance before start of sound, etc), so it just crashes instead.

Also, make sure you're updated to the latest OpenUtau as updates are fairly frequent. Without the VB I can't troubleshoot the offset issue if it still occurs after that, though its admirable that you stick to proper jinriki etiquette. If you see it happen with any publically available VB I'd love to know, though I'll be on the look out on my own also!

anuja524

Momo's Minion
Thanks so much for your help!

As for the VB, I ended up completely resampling it from a different source and got it to work that way. Will be keeping an eye on the forums, for sure

Reactions: Halo