OpenUtau

OpenUtau Latest

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kiyoteru submitted a new resource:

OpenUtau - Open source successor to UTAU

OpenUtau is an open source editing environment for UTAU community with modern user experience. The main developer is StAkira, and many other developers have contributed parts as well.

Get started with OpenUtau: https://github.com/stakira/OpenUtau/wiki/Getting-Started
How to use phonemizers: https://github.com/stakira/OpenUtau/wiki/Phonemizers
List of compatible resamplers: https://github.com/stakira/OpenUtau/wiki/Resamplers
Other frequently asked questions...

Read more about this resource...
Post automatically merged:

Some demonstrations of how OpenUtau works

Eternal-Aurath

Momo's Minion
Yooooooooo I'm so glad I saw this by chance! Word input has been like a pipedream that I've been wishing for like ever! And it's for Arpasing!

I downloaded this immediately and gave it a try and I'm super impressed! I have run into a few oddities, though. Namely the fact that I can't specifically pick which configuration gets used. The VB I'm testing with was recorded with an old Arpasing list so it's missing a lot of stuff, such as an "ay ae" transition, and a "- ae" configuration. It'd be cool if I could tell the engine to just use the "ae" configuration and do some CV crossfading, instead of just being stuck with that syllable of the lyrics going silent. Without this ability it also seems I can't tell the engine to use duplicates? Since Arpasing has a looottt of those and kinda relies on them. And if there is a way and I'm just dumb, please tell me lol I didn't see anything in the guide/s but also I'm dumb.

The ability to only play a certain region instead of the whole song would be cool too, since my computer doesn't seem to like doing the preview rendering very fast lol

Those are the only problems I've found so far, but I haven't even tried tuning yet.

Eternal-Aurath

Momo's Minion
Yooooooooo I'm so glad I saw this by chance! Word input has been like a pipedream that I've been wishing for like ever! And it's for Arpasing!

I downloaded this immediately and gave it a try and I'm super impressed! I have run into a few oddities, though. Namely the fact that I can't specifically pick which configuration gets used. The VB I'm testing with was recorded with an old Arpasing list so it's missing a lot of stuff, such as an "ay ae" transition, and a "- ae" configuration. It'd be cool if I could tell the engine to just use the "ae" configuration and do some CV crossfading, instead of just being stuck with that syllable of the lyrics going silent. Without this ability it also seems I can't tell the engine to use duplicates? Since Arpasing has a looottt of those and kinda relies on them. And if there is a way and I'm just dumb, please tell me lol I didn't see anything in the guide/s but also I'm dumb.

The ability to only play a certain region instead of the whole song would be cool too, since my computer doesn't seem to like doing the preview rendering very fast lol

Those are the only problems I've found so far, but I haven't even tried tuning yet.
Replying to myself to say that I found a workaround for the duplicates thing, sort of. You can make a custom dictionary, or edit the normal one, to account for numbered duplicates. However, they sometimes still don't work quite right (It refused to use "ih n" to transition between "ih2" and "n", but if I changed the vowel back to the normal "ih" it used the transition right). I think adding the function of numbered duplicates being read from the oto and then being selectable from like the phoneme editor would be cool.

Adding this kind of function for suffixes in general might be good, since some banks have alternate expressions activated by suffixes.

Also the ability to change which pitch gets used on what notes would be cool. Sometimes one just wants that kind of flexibility.

Sorry if this isn't the place to bugreport/suggest stuff, but I figured I'd just throw out what I've observed so far. Overall, I'm very very impressed with it. It's finally achieved "word to phoneme" functionality for UTAU banks, so I'm super excited to see where it goes!

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ahhh this is so cool! I cant use it right now since im a mac user, but im still going to follow the development of OpenUtau! This programs offers a LOT more that UTAU and commercial synthesizers don't allow, it's super impressive!

Reactions: Eternal-Aurath

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Disclaimer: I'm not the main developer of OpenUtau, just a contributor. My team has mainly been working on additional phonemizers.

Re: Selecting duplicates of phonemes in ARPAsing voicebanks
That's already being planned.

Re: Flavor suffixes

Re: Missing phonemes
You can override the default pronunciation of a word by writing the phonemes in brackets [l ay k dh ih s]. You can also switch back to the CV phonemizer and edit individual notes similarly to UTAU.

Reactions: Eternal-Aurath

Eternal-Aurath

Momo's Minion
Disclaimer: I'm not the main developer of OpenUtau, just a contributor. My team has mainly been working on additional phonemizers.

Re: Selecting duplicates of phonemes in ARPAsing voicebanks

Re: Flavor suffixes

Re: Missing phonemes
You can override the default pronunciation of a word by writing the phonemes in brackets [l ay k dh ih s]. You can also switch back to the CV phonemizer and edit individual notes similarly to UTAU.
Ooh, cool, my suggestions are already being planned! Good to know! I look forward to future updates!

As for the missing phonemes thing, even if I type them manually, sometimes it still won't use the right transition, if a numbered duplicate is used (But I imagine adding support for those will change that problem), but also if the transition or "CV" needed doesn't exist. I imagine eventually that'll get ironed out, though. I'll definitely try out swapping to CV mode to edit them, tho!

mykhailoid

Momo's Minion
first day of using OpenUTAU and I'm LOVING it. my adhd ahh is pleased! original UTAU looks too overwhelming and complicated to me, so currently I'm working only with Open. my question is, does OpenUTAU completely replaces original UTAU or is it used just to make USTing easier? it's good in both cases, just making sure.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
first day of using OpenUTAU and I'm LOVING it. my adhd ahh is pleased! original UTAU looks too overwhelming and complicated to me, so currently I'm working only with Open. my question is, does OpenUTAU completely replaces original UTAU or is it used just to make USTing easier? it's good in both cases, just making sure.
Just in the last few days StAkira has had some time, and some of the last crucial features to make it to parity with original UTAU have been tidied up; Triplets Snapping, basic Oto editing for voicebanks mainly.
I think that leaves... Tempo changes mid-project it can't currently do. I can't think of too much else, but there's a trello available for potential future plans in case something's escaping me. I've pretty much stopped going back to original UTAU out of necessity myself!

Reactions: mykhailoid

mykhailoid

Momo's Minion
Just in the last few days StAkira has had some time, and some of the last crucial features to make it to parity with original UTAU have been tidied up; Triplets Snapping, basic Oto editing for voicebanks mainly.
I think that leaves... Tempo changes mid-project it can't currently do. I can't think of too much else, but there's a trello available for potential future plans in case something's escaping me. I've pretty much stopped going back to original UTAU out of necessity myself!
ooh I'm very glad to hear it! it's so user friendly and some features like built-in plugins are so comfortable I just can't go back to UTAU casually. gotta work more on it <3