Opinions on UTAU Project Names?

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
UTAU project names: we've all been there. Everything from taking our name and taking the 'loid tag on the end to spending countless nights awake trying to come up with some clever pun. What I'd like to know is what your opinions on them are?

I personally love a good, original project name. I know how easy it is to, for instance, take the word "accent" and tack "loid" on the end to get a project name (heh heh, guilty as charged). But seeing how quick and easy it is, most everyone uses it and it kind of becomes the default. It's hard to have an original sounding name with the 'loid ending on it. However, if you take it to a new level and try something else, with UTAUxyz for instance (I need to find more UTAU project names), it tends to perk up more interest.

But, I find that you have to be careful with these. If the name is too big for the project, it kind of ruins the feel. For example, if you had a couple of humble little UTAUs in a project called "Project StaRunners," it feels as if you're trying to make it sound bigger than it actually is. In short, MioDio loves new and interesting names that fit the project size.

But keeping that in mind, it's also the reason that I haven't ran with a project name I've had in mind for a while now. While the project would include my UTAUs Crevan, Salvador, Tzvi, Hashuku DakuDaku (oh, I can't wait to release her) and some of my friends, it's still too small and humble. It wouldn't be fitting of the title "UTAU: Mac and White" (that, and because I need to stop using Mac/Apple logos in my work). I just feel like the title is too big for the project.

But enough of my rambling: what about you?

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
For my UTAU Project name, I took the first letter of each words in my surname (Thibaud The Och" and put "loid" at the end. -> TTOloid.
In this group, There is only UTAUs I personally voiced / designed. (2 released, 3 WIP, 2 upcoming UTAUs)

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's too daunting of a task for me.

I totally agree with you on the points of uniqueness and project size. I don't mind when people take their name and just tack "loid" on the end of it. Because it's a defining tag you're able to give to your personal UTAU and it's easily identifiable.

But I can appreciate a well-thought out name. Well, I probably would, if I could think of an example. Putting a word like "project" at the front I think denotes a bigger scale. Oh, and I'm all for puns.

Umm... yeah, words.

Hika421

Teto's Territory
I wish I could think of one. XD It'd be annoying to say ~Hikaru and Haruki~ all the time.
So yeah, group/project names really add convenience for just referring to UTAU, or websites, or whatever.
But then finding the right name... It's so hard. I wish I could. There was one time a year back when just when I thought I found one I liked it was taken, OTL.

The trends seem to be "____Loid", or ,
"Project (English meaning of the JP name)".

But even with those formulas laid right out I have such a hard time, OTL

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I call my bunch of banks Kii's Vocal Experimentation Series or KVES, if I want to refer to all of them as a group. Because that's all they really are; a test to see how far I can go as far as voice acting is concerned.

They had a different project name a long time ago, but I changed it because there was another user with a similar project name and I didn't want to bother them about something so trivial.

Anonymyx

Momo's Minion
well i recently started my series and i called it Project MYX~ and the utauloids in this collection, (released and still to be released) are called MYXoids~ it came to me from looking at PROJECT DIVA or Vocaloids alot. . .so it just registered in my mindthat somereason . .i HAD to use -oid or -project

scarfu

Teto's Territory
In retrospect if Tai and I could go back in time and pick a name other than "Poploid" for our project I'm sure we would LMAO The name is catchy and I still like it but there's definitely a lack of flavor considering all of the other -loid project names, you know?

I honestly don't really care what the project title is though cuz like honestly I don't pay attention to like huge project titles... XD; Like the only other group projects that stick out really brightly in my head are D:loids and UTAUxyz, both of which are involving my friends so I mean...

I don't really think that the project name in the long run is as important as the UTAU themselves but they're still a fun thing to have = =...