Oremo advice help?

miyu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So I recently downloaded oremo and Im doing a VCV voice bank I was wondering how come when I record oremo cuts of some of my last notes am I like recording late or to slow most people's banks records I hear are slow but I downloaded a 7-Mora reclist could that be it? And van VCV work with fast voice samples I need tips please or can someone give me the best VCV reclist

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In OREMO there are three recording modes, accessible via Option > Recording Style Settings.

Manual: Press and hold R to record. If you're getting cut off at the ends of samples, please double check that you are holding R long enough.
Automatic 1: Press R, and it will play guideBGM once and automatically record. The default one (F, 100bpm) has long enough recording time to handle 7 mora, but if you want to use something like an 8 mora reclist (Which I recommend if you are able to maintain your voice and not lose breath) you'll have to get a different BGM. One Note Jazz is popular, and you can download it here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B43rIhv9uaxIbV92TnFVRWw5OHc This mode is good for if you're new to using OREMO for VCV.
Automatic 2: Press R, and it will play guideBGM repeatedly. It will automatically go to the next sample in the list. This mode is excellent if you know your reclist well and would like to be as efficient as possible.

OREMO comes with a reclist named reclist-renzoku-NHP.txt that stands alone well. If you want a more efficient reclist, you can extract Yokune Ruko's 8mora. I write my own reclists, and if you'd like a highly efficient reclist that has only the essentials of japanese, you can PM me for it. Other people have written efficient reclists as well. This one has shorter strings and also comes in romaji, all with a base OTO. http://utaforum.net/resources/no-nonsense-japanese-vcv.192/

If you record with a hiragana VCV reclist, and with OREMO's guideBGM, you can use the built-in VCV oto generator to highly accurate results.

miyu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I got the hang of it and figured what was wrong but I don't know if I'm recording them correctly I seen some vcv I have from other people some are like smooth and evenly lines no bumps on each word and some are like bumps with each word being separated

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The idea is that you record continuously, so that you can use those smooth transitions in UTAU. As long as you're not pausing between syllables, you should be fine. The way the waveform looks visually doesn't matter too much.

miyu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you I been kinda pausing for a quick sec now I have to record ;-;