oto-ing vowels

Nikiten

Momo's Minion
I'm just really curious becausr I'm having trouble making vowels blend with other notes. ; - ; usually I just oto them the way I oto consonants but maybe that's not how it works? ; n ;

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
you can solve all your problems with blending vowels (I imagine you talk about CV) by using the crossfade tool.

Select all your notes
Press U on your keyboard.
Accept the settings.
The vowels are fixed to mix in between them.

Maybe you'll need just to adjust with P2P3 and then fix the envelopes that have [!] by pressing right click on them > Envelope > press the middle button. If this dont fix the envelope fully, move the point until you make the envelope look normal.

If you need another kind of help please explain.

Nikiten

Momo's Minion
I do that whenever I play with ust's but it still sounds sort of choppy. How exactly are vowels supposed to be oto'ed? Are they oto'ed the same way as with consonants? If it isn't, then how is it supposed to be done?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
If you intend on using crossfade, make sure you use the offset to cut off any fade-in or fade-out on the vowel. From there, you can keep the overlap and preutterance at 0, and the consonant (pink bar) should be extended just a little (if you have your frq rendered, pull it just over where your pitch becomes more stable.

That should work.

UkimeKageku

Teto's Territory
..i don't know if i'm any help, but I always oto my vowels like this for CV all the time. i remember looking at Teto's vowels as reference a long time ago and saw them oto'd this way. It always works for me fine..^^;

xvwnp.jpg