oto(?) issue

ShindaSuzume

Momo's Minion
im not sure if this has been asked, and if it has, i couldnt find it
so i made a library and oto'd everything. they all sound fine besides wa, i cant figure out whats wrong but whenever it plays it makes a distorted growly noise
im not sure but i think i mightve messed on the oto'ing or something? i really dont know what caused this and ive been trying to fix it but it still makes a weird growl

Reactions: atomicreih

atomicreih

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
im not sure if this has been asked, and if it has, i couldnt find it
so i made a library and oto'd everything. they all sound fine besides wa, i cant figure out whats wrong but whenever it plays it makes a distorted growly noise
im not sure but i think i mightve messed on the oto'ing or something? i really dont know what caused this and ive been trying to fix it but it still makes a weird growl
There are different types of consonants, and some require different types of OTOing. Are you doing a VCV or CV voicebank? At the end of this CV guide, there is a part about "smooth consonants" which might be useful. "Wa" is basically the diphthong "ua", so it should be treated more like a combination of two vowels than a consonant when OTOing, same with the sound "ya" being basically "ia". If you're doing a VCV voicebank, it might help to search for OTOing tutorials that specify these different types of consonants or just check the voicebank settings of another UTAU to see how it's done. Best wishes!

ShindaSuzume

Momo's Minion
Are you doing a VCV or CV voicebank? ... "Wa" is basically the diphthong "ua", so it should be treated more like a combination of two vowels than a consonant when OTOing, same with the sound "ya" being basically "ia".

CV and i don't think that was my problem but thanks for replying w i had a few other similar sounds in the vb but they were all fine.

[QUOTE="Kiyoteru, post: 144020, member: 884"... jagged orange line going through the waveform instead of a straight orange line, this is the case. [/QUOTE]

Thank you, im not home at the moment but i think this was the issue. when i was oto'ing i noticed wa had a weird broken line going all over it instead of just through the centre.

Reactions: atomicreih