Parody VIPPERloid utau ideas/brainstorming?

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
Howdy, these past 2 weeks or so I've been pondering the idea of an utau meant to parody the likes of VIPPERLOID and early 2010 utau. I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone had certain character/design elements they'd like to see, or that you feel channel VIPPERLOID aesthetics? This is still up in the air at this point, but I've done some parody MS Paint style art with some designs I've thought up.

My current idea is that she's a student who idolizes the vippers, and wants to be one someday. she'd have 2 designs, a uniform and a more classic utau look for a sort of "idol" form. The second design could even represent her own utau(?

Being a parody of VIPPERLOID, I'd like for her to have a vague resemblance to Teto. Her working name is "合成音テテ" meant to be a pun on Teto's original name. I've received concerns over copying Teto, so I want to keep it strictly a parody. I'm very open to different name suggestions if this becomes an issue (although I'd prefer "goseine" to stay). Aside from being a pun on Teto's surname, it also means "synthesized sound". She's sampled from my own samples and modified to sound feminine, so I thought it only fit.

Below I've attached some concepts, including a sample of her current vb :sing:

Attachments

• Full_con_1.png
    Full_con_1.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 43
  • vroid_con.PNG
    vroid_con.PNG
    146.2 KB · Views: 23

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hm..this is a rather cool idea! I like this and the voicebank itself sounds rather nice!
Although, most VIPPERloids are made to be somewhat parodies or ripoffs of preexisting vocaloids, and this one seems to be a parody of Kasane Teto, a VIPPERloid...so...VIPPERloid-ception?

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
make her skirt abouuuuuuut
70% longer, or just longer in general
And let the cowlick fail to keep itself up, like make it droop a lot, as if she has problems keeping it up because her hair is not made of the same strength as a chimeras
Those are my suggestions

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
Howdy, these past 2 weeks or so I've been pondering the idea of an utau meant to parody the likes of VIPPERLOID and early 2010 utau. I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone had certain character/design elements they'd like to see, or that you feel channel VIPPERLOID aesthetics? This is still up in the air at this point, but I've done some parody MS Paint style art with some designs I've thought up.

My current idea is that she's a student who idolizes the vippers, and wants to be one someday. she'd have 2 designs, a uniform and a more classic utau look for a sort of "idol" form. The second design could even represent her own utau(?

Being a parody of VIPPERLOID, I'd like for her to have a vague resemblance to Teto. Her working name is "合成音テテ" meant to be a pun on Teto's original name. I've received concerns over copying Teto, so I want to keep it strictly a parody. I'm very open to different name suggestions if this becomes an issue (although I'd prefer "goseine" to stay). Aside from being a pun on Teto's surname, it also means "synthesized sound". She's sampled from my own samples and modified to sound feminine, so I thought it only fit.

Below I've attached some concepts, including a sample of her current vb :sing:

New demo!

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
I'm going to do another concept dump once I get some more work done on her Vocaloid/Idol design alt. For now, I'll give a layout of her technical information (VB types, flags, etc).

I usually use the default resampler with her since she's a low voice pitched up, and resamplers like this tend to do better with that. I wanted to make the most absurd flag possible, so she'll be using "B45Y0H15h5F10L5b2C5D5E0c52h2P86g-2". Ironically enough this is a good flag for the default resampler lol.

VB wise, she'll have stereotypical utau appends like cold, power, etc. Most likely will get VCV versions if she's received well. Although she'll regardless get a standard VCV. In terms of pitches, it's a tad tricky since her voice is modified so much. I want to aim for atleast 2 pitches in most of them. On release however she'll have a standard CV plus an extra folder with end breaths and omake.

I also plan to give her KEI art (I have no idea why I've been doodling in MS paint so far just role with it).

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Smelling the new demo a bit further it sounds like a mix of a shonen and teto, except in the higher pitches, though it might just be my inexperience with the program in general, and me usually using Moresampler with English since I have no reason to play around in a language I don't know.
Keep going though.

Reactions: Lousy Lionn

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
Smelling the new demo a bit further it sounds like a mix of a shonen and teto, except in the higher pitches, though it might just be my inexperience with the program in general, and me usually using Moresampler with English since I have no reason to play around in a language I don't know.
Keep going though.
Would make sense haha, I'm a younger guy so it's natural that child-ish tone would carry through.

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Would make sense haha, I'm a younger guy so it's natural that child-ish tone would carry through.
There was actually some guy looking for a quality shonen EN voicebank
Had to explain to the poor guy that finding that would be plain impossible outside of the two vocaloids
There's something for ya, if you can get together with an otoguy, find a solid reclist and prepare your vocals for some usage... You could do something very cool.
Leaving that on the table for ya, look into it before your puberty really hits

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
There was actually some guy looking for a quality shonen EN voicebank
Had to explain to the poor guy that finding that would be plain impossible outside of the two vocaloids
There's something for ya, if you can get together with an otoguy, find a solid reclist and prepare your vocals for some usage... You could do something very cool.
Leaving that on the table for ya, look into it before your puberty really hits
Haha I've actually just replied to them! Also my voice has been steadily getting more mature for a while, so I doubt it'll change too much

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
Hey y'all, sorry for no updates! Utaforum stopped working on my main browser, so I had to sort that out. I've also gotten a new mic, an XLR Behringer C1 condenser! I'll be recording all future banks on this including Tete. It was also my birthday on the 27th, I'm 17! I'll put a few sketches I've done since my last post below, more to come soon!

Attachments

• FGErIB1XsAY1lAK.jpg
    FGErIB1XsAY1lAK.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Full_con_long.png
    Full_con_long.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 21

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
I'm unable to work on the project for a little bit since I have lots of classwork, so I'd thought to just release the current CV for Tete! She's just a normal CV with a few extras, plus an omake with lots of files (mainly cussing). Please let me know if you use her! More updates soon

VB 1.0 dl CV:

Attachments

• tete smile.png
    tete smile.png
    44 KB · Views: 24

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm unable to work on the project for a little bit since I have lots of classwork, so I'd thought to just release the current CV for Tete! She's just a normal CV with a few extras, plus an omake with lots of files (mainly cussing). Please let me know if you use her! More updates soon

VB 1.0 dl CV:

I have not smelt it
I will, nevertheless, request of you to add more, and harsher, cussing

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
Can I have permission to do some concepts for this VIPPERceptionloid(?) To get out of boredom? I just like to do designs and, well, I tought this might be a fun concept to doodle designs
Oh for sure! I think I've already landed on a main design for Tete, but drumming up designs for more loids/alternate versions is cool as well! Especially if I create a few more parody utau (With I intend to do)

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
Anyone have some thoughts on a possible Tei parody? I think I'll do most of the popular vips haha (Teto, Tei, Ruko, Ritsu and maybe Momo)

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Anyone have some thoughts on a possible Tei parody? I think I'll do most of the popular vips haha (Teto, Tei, Ruko, Ritsu and maybe Momo)
Change teis obsession with Len to Rin in the tei parody
it would make for a fun story where the two conspire to kidnap the kagami twins

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Also, possible Tei concepts
The badly bleached (or maybe even coloured) hair is an interesting idea, however for the hair I'd recommend keeping it two-toned, the white and the natural hair colour, as I have not known of anyone that actually has naturally multiple hair colours on one head, only those who naturally changed it (Myself, light blonde to dark blonde)
Of course, I'm not the kind of guy to make my hair worse by colouring or bleaching it, so I don't actually know the effects of that.

Lousy Lionn

Momo's Minion
The badly bleached (or maybe even coloured) hair is an interesting idea, however for the hair I'd recommend keeping it two-toned, the white and the natural hair colour, as I have not known of anyone that actually has naturally multiple hair colours on one head, only those who naturally changed it (Myself, light blonde to dark blonde)
Of course, I'm not the kind of guy to make my hair worse by colouring or bleaching it, so I don't actually know the effects of that.
Thinking of keeping the black though, insinuating her hair was black originally and just really porly bleached haha. I'll make some mock ups