Pasting Hiragana Problems

Arisa-chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I had a friend start my UTAU voicebank a while ago and now I'm trying to finish all the OTOing by myself. A lot of the sample are in Hiragana, but there are quite a few that need to be switched over. I don't mind doing the tedious work of changing the aliases except for the fact that I can't past Hiragana into the VB settings window without getting ??? instead of the symbols.

I have looked around for fixes to this issue, but the only thing I got was that the system locale needed to be changed. Well here's my problem: It is set to Japanese and I'm still getting no Hiragana. What gives? I've tried coping and pasting hiragana from different sites, using MS Office and then copy/pasting back into UTAU, and still got nothing.

What am I doing wrong here that I can't past Hiragana into the alias slot?

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
I have noticed one cant copy paste from one instance of utau into another..... you will need to copy from the same window maybe?

Arisa-chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I have noticed one cant copy paste from one instance of utau into another..... you will need to copy from the same window maybe?
So you mean I have to copy and pate Hiragana already in an UTAU window? If that's the case, I should open up a blank project and paste in all the Hiragana I need and move things around that way?

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
So you mean I hain the hiraganae to copy and pate Hiragana already in an UTAU window? If that's the case, I should open up a blank project and paste in all the Hiragana I need and move things around that way?
That might work...... I dont really know, why not just type In the hiragana?

Arisa-chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
That might work...... I dont really know, why not just type In the hiragana?
I don't have the keyboard installed to type it out, nor do I know how to type it out once I did have it...

warm rootbeer

The Helpful Insomniac
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Install the Japanese languages pack in your control panel. Otherwise you can't really use hiragana on your computer. From my experience, it doesn't let you copy+paste unless you have Japanese turned on and installed. You MIGHT be able to use this in order to get Hiragana to show up, but I'm not sure: Go to Font Settings by clicking Appearance and Personalization, then click "font settings" under "fonts", then uncheck the box next to the "Hide fonts based on language settings". Then restart your computer.

That MIGHT allow you to copy/paste hiragana since you don't have it installed, but I'm not 100% sure.
I recommend installing the japanese language pack in your control panel and typing it out yourself though, since you're bound to need it at some point when you're working with UTAU.

As for typing it, just type what you see, except for samples like "Ti, Di, Tu, Du, Si, Zi" which are written as "てぃ でぃ とぅ どぅ すぃ ずぃ" respectively. These samples are written as a combination of 2 hiragana because they don't naturally exist in the Japanese language. Otherwise, for example, if you write "tu" you'll end up with "つ" which is "tsu" and it will mess up your alias so it sounds all funky and distorted. In order to get the small "ぃ" "ぅ" press the spacebar until you find the smaller version of those hiragana.

Last edited:
Reactions: oteto

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
Or with IME turned on, you type the romanji for the syllable ba da tu sho etc and poof! It turns to hiragana. I recommend you get the jp language pack and IME

Reactions: warm rootbeer