"Path not found" and "Subscript out of range" messages in UTAU program

VelvetyMelody

Momo's Minion
I have been using UTAU for about 3 years, and I was taking a break from it (about 4 months) and just today, I wanted to get back into it. I opened up my UTAU program, and the message "Path not found" pops up, so I click the "ok" button, and then the familiar "Subscript out of range" messages (that are, of course, unlimited. Nothing new here). And the UTAU program is not in gibberish, everything is exactly the same as it was before, except for the fact that I am having these issues. This also has nothing to do with Defoko (or uta.) I am also using a 2010 version of UTAU, and my brother and I have always used it, and we are not getting a newer version because we like this one. I have tried uninstalling UTAU and reinstalling it. Nothing, no surprise here. And I am really frustrated and I hope someone can help me fix this problem. Thank you.

Last edited:

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Sorry to tell you, but I think you should upgrade.

If not, have you unblocked the zip/exe installer before you installed it?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You may want to get the newer version of Utau... and while you're at it maybe save the installer you currently have if it's a version older than 2.75, you for archival reasons hueuhueuhue

If that doesn't help then you should try uninstalling and reinstalling in your documents folder to avoid certain folder security issues.
Also you may also want to confirm that your locale is set correctly.
But either way, update,

Last edited:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Upgrade. Other than that resampler version being better with frq rendering, there's no reason to stick with the old version of UTAU when it's made improvements with bug fixes, otoing, and native English support (you'll ofc still need JPN locale so things don't spontaneously break).

Reactions: Zoku and partial

VelvetyMelody

Momo's Minion
Sorry to tell you, but I think you should upgrade.

If not, have you unblocked the zip/exe installer before you installed it?
Thanks, all I had to do was upgrade. It's working just fine now, I am not having the "path not found" or "subscript out of range" issues anymore ;v;