[Poll] How do you prefer multilingual UTAU's?

How do you prefer multilingual UTAU s?

• Separate single-language voicebanks

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Separate voicebanks for each language, but with some multilingual compatibility

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • One or more multilingual voicebanks with languages that are similar phonetically

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • One huge multilingual voicebank

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No preference

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I'm curious how other people feel about the organization of UTAU's which can sing in more than one language.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I prefer either separate vbs or 1 huge vb if the aliases don't conflict with each other (for example, VCCV English and CVVC Japanese would have conflicting aliases). I like all the pitches in 1 vb so I can easily use both vbs for multilanguage songs. If they're separate vbs with conflicting aliases, I use the change voicebank plugin.

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I prefer either separate vbs or 1 huge vb if the aliases don't conflict with each other (for example, VCCV English and CVVC Japanese would have conflicting aliases). I like all the pitches in 1 vb so I can easily use both vbs for multilanguage songs. If they're separate vbs with conflicting aliases, I use the change voicebank plugin.
I agree, tbh. Using either X-SAMPA or homebrew notations usually fixes the aliasing problem.

Though, for single language VBs, having a few extra samples for multilingual compatibility is nice for loanwords.