Practicing Tuning

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
Hey guys, Genosan here. I want to start getting into tuning, and was wondering what are some good songs to practice with?

Also, any pointers would be appreciated. :D

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think it would be a good idea to choose a more powerful song, since powerful songs tend to have more expression.

A while ago there was an event where people would each upload a screencapture of their tuning of a section of Senbonzakura...

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
How about a song with good pitch differences and notes lengths? I mean, tuning a song where a lot of notes are on the same pitch or all having the same length would be boring, yeah?

Natter

Teto's Territory
Eh someone should just start a forum game of this. Wave would work, everyone knows that song.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
(staying on topic)
knowing basic music theory can help when making pitchbends on tune. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube and other sites, personly I suggest some of warbeats tutorials on youtube.
Also, here's a tutorial showing some of the different pitchbend types.

Flag usage on different notes are also neat to practise with. I usually tend to variate the g flag walues.

Reactions: Tema

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
Oh wow, so much happend while I was gone xD. That game sounds fun, maybe I'll try. Thanks for all the advice guys.

@kimchi-tan, that tuning is WAY good. :3